E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

2008 535 LCI Down Pipes

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 02:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by 1BadDuc
The JB4 makes huge difference, doesn't it? That was the very first mod I did
YES! I think its the best bang for your buck without a doubt. My car just went over 50.0 so no warranty. I was close so waited to install just in case... But I'm still not sure I would do Dinan at the cost they want had the car been well inside the warranty.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another thing I love about the JB4 is the fact that you can check codes and clear them, and also run a datalog with a laptop if you buy the USB cable, and even tweak your settings a laptop/usb if you know anything about tuning.
As far as AR Downpipes this is something I plan on doing soon hopefully, the good thing about having a JB4 is that there is a built in DP fix so no codes will be thrown.
I just got my Stett chargepipe / Tial 50mm BOV installed this past week and need to get some type of boost gauge to see what boost/vacuum I'm running so I can fit the proper spring in the BOV. Then I still have to get the 3 UR Strut/RearLower bars I ordered installed, getting backed up on projects, so gonna have to wait a lil to do the DP upgrade, but it is definitely on the list!
Old 07-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
Another thing I love about the JB4 is the fact that you can check codes and clear them, and also run a datalog with a laptop if you buy the USB cable, and even tweak your settings a laptop/usb if you know anything about tuning.
I'm probably going to be doing a AR DP in the next month or so, just got my Stett chargepipe / Tial 50mm BOV installed this past week and need to get some type of boost gauge to see what boost/vacuum I'm running. Then I still have to get the 3 UR Strut/RearLower bars I ordered installed still, getting backed up on projects.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

I'd really like to see the charge pipe installed .. Pics paleeez..
Old 07-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AR DOWNPIPES INSTALLED! Wow what a bitch, I dont think they'll EVER come out but wow what a difference! I havent even retuned the map yet and this think is BEASTLY. I think after the tune I'll be flyyinggg... I really felt bad for these guys installing. It just wouldnt go in one at a time, you had to put em both in. The whistle sounds nice after I shift each gear. Its such a sleeper I love this f-ing car. Thinking of intercooler still but havent really overheated. Car runs like balls in the heat though.

Ill post a vid soon
Old 07-25-2011, 08:11 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

Congrats maze, Im happy you finally got Ur dp's.. I still owe you fly by vids , Juss been busy wagon hasn't seen the sun in weeks..
Old 07-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TLO03
I'd really like to see the charge pipe installed .. Pics paleeez..
Yeah I'll try to post some pics in the next few days, Installation was a b****. When they say there isn't much play room with our engine bay they aren't lieing. After installing a charge pipe and finding a place to put my catch can, I'm literally down to a couple of areas in the engine bay with a few inches of open space lol.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i - JB4, DCI, ar DPs, B&B exhaust, Meth kit, H&R Sport Springs

Originally Posted by mazekid15
AR DOWNPIPES INSTALLED! Wow what a bitch, I dont think they'll EVER come out but wow what a difference! I havent even retuned the map yet and this think is BEASTLY. I think after the tune I'll be flyyinggg... I really felt bad for these guys installing. It just wouldnt go in one at a time, you had to put em both in. The whistle sounds nice after I shift each gear. Its such a sleeper I love this f-ing car. Thinking of intercooler still but havent really overheated. Car runs like balls in the heat though.

Ill post a vid soon
I recently had a set of ar catless downpipes shipped and the local performance shop tried to install them. They spent a full day with multiple people trying to get them in and in the end they believed the set weren't built correctly. I wasn't sure, but shipped them back to Andrew for a replacement set. Now I'm waiting for the day when my new set arrive, it's been 3 weeks now.

I saw the difficulty of getting them in and decided to install the race cat version, so that I could pass smog without having to change them back and forth every time.

Really can't wait to get them in.

What octane fuel were you running when you took your first drive?
Old 07-28-2011, 03:23 AM
Senior Members

Noooo.. catless way to go

Its okay you'll be fine

My installers got them in. Was a nightmare, there just tricky. Gotta put them in at the same time! Literally took 8 hours though. I think if I want them in they'll get damaged on uninstallation. Maybe like break the weld and then reweld it back together after. I'm definitely selling these with my car.

AR could make you wait FOREVER! I ordered through Modbargains so they put more pressure on them. If your an individual buyer it could take some time. Dude if your doing this with a TUNE the downpipes are wild. Real nice upgrade. Running 15PSI and I'm HAULING ass. cant wait for COOL air
Old 07-28-2011, 03:24 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TLO03
Congrats maze, Im happy you finally got Ur dp's.. I still owe you fly by vids , Juss been busy wagon hasn't seen the sun in weeks..
ya man no worries, now I hear the noise your talking about ! Sounds sick, and what a difference in power, my car accelerates to 140MPH so fast its kinda scary lol.

Quick Reply: 2008 535 LCI Down Pipes