E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

19" wheel balancing issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 09:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

Originally Posted by ch7656' post='222904' date='Jan 11 2006, 01:26 PM
Same problem with mine?although I was running Monet?s with Michelin rubber. My problem was solved by installing metal rings (vs plastic) supplied by Monet and then taking my car to Glenn?s Alignment in Costa Mesa for ON THE CAR balance, Glenn?s can spin the wheels & tires on the car, strobe them and balance accordingly?.they are one of the best in the business IMHO
They put plastic rings on front.

I jacked up the car at front and span the offending wheel. There was a 1-2mm fluctuation so either the wheel is not centered on itself or the wheel is not centered onto the vehicle hub.

Switched LF wheel/tire back to OEM this weekend and problem went away.

After switching back to Monet/Toyo it seems problem is a little less noticeable this morning. Its definitely there so maybe a metal ring would help. Just getting VERY frustrated with all this time wasting
Old 01-16-2006, 09:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by UKAussi' post='225058
Same problem with mine?although I was running Monet?s with Michelin rubber. My problem was solved by installing metal rings (vs plastic) supplied by Monet and then taking my car to Glenn?s Alignment in Costa Mesa for ON THE CAR balance, Glenn?s can spin the wheels & tires on the car, strobe them and balance accordingly?.they are one of the best in the business IMHO
They put plastic rings on front.

I jacked up the car at front and span the offending wheel. There was a 1-2mm fluctuation so either the wheel is not centered on itself or the wheel is not centered onto the vehicle hub.

Switched LF wheel/tire back to OEM this weekend and problem went away.

After switching back to Monet/Toyo it seems problem is a little less noticeable this morning. Its definitely there so maybe a metal ring would help. Just getting VERY frustrated with all this time wasting
[/quote]

Definitely get metal hubrings on all the wheels!!! The gap difference between 74mm and 72mm is so small, that the plastic rings cannot handle it and the plastic rings are not too precise either. If anything the tire shop where you got the wheels should gladly give you metal rings, otherwise their reputation will go down the drain. You probably almost got the monet's centered on the hub, which is why the problem is less noticeable. But you should get metal rings, so you never have to worry about if you got the wheel centered or not.....
Old 01-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

I too had many vibration problems with non-hubcentric wheels on my Benz, which is why I promised myself to always get hub-centric wheels from then on.

If the wheel and tire ZEROs out (balances) on the wheel balancer, chances are it's not the wheel or tire, but like Costal mentioned, the wheels just don't fit perfectly. Definitely get metal hubrings.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

Originally Posted by tomwid' post='225110' date='Jan 16 2006, 12:42 PM
I too had many vibration problems with non-hubcentric wheels on my Benz, which is why I promised myself to always get hub-centric wheels from then on.

If the wheel and tire ZEROs out (balances) on the wheel balancer, chances are it's not the wheel or tire, but like Costal mentioned, the wheels just don't fit perfectly. Definitely get metal hubrings.
OK, NEW CENTURY TIRES is no longer interested in resolving the issue !!!!!!.

Never buy from them ever
Old 01-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by UKAussi' post='226744

OK, NEW CENTURY TIRES is no longer interested in resolving the issue !!!!!!.

Never buy from them ever
[/quote]

I'm sorry you can't resolve your problem. They were able to fix my vibration problems with some hub rings from Monet. Nothing but great service from New Century and Monet. BTW, I didn't originally buy my wheels from New Century.