E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

[New Rims] Avant Garde Style M310: 19s - Matte Black

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Black Sapphire 535i

leese8080,
Awesome wheels! I just ordered the same for my 5, but in a 20" matte black. Quick question for you. Did the BMW Center caps come with the wheels and if so do you know what the size/specs are for these? I believe they are 66-67mm base and the decal will be a 65mm sticker. I wonder if the same size applies to the 20" wheel?

(Maybe Michael @ Acute can chime in). Thanks for the help guys!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that looks freaking awesome!!!!
Old 02-18-2011, 06:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by leese8080
Here are the specs of my new setup.

Avant Garde M310 - Matte Black

Front: 19 x 8.5 et15 - Hankook V12s 245/35/19
Rear: 19x 11.0 et33 - Hankook V12s 285/30/19

I have stock sports suspension and no spaces. No rubbing issues.

Pardon the quality of the pictures. Next mod: DSLR camera

///Special Thanks to Acuteperformance (Michael)/// - Michael answered all my questions and was very helpful. Great guy to deal with.
Hello! I really like the combo of colors. I have the same wheels but my rears are 9.5. I have Hankook V12's as well but the rears are 275's. Anyway, can you tell me how many miles are on your car? Reason being is that I have steering shake and seat of the pants shake. I did EVERYTHING known to man kind to stop it but it won't so I'm close to getting rid of them. I have the factory sport suspension as well. I was told that there may be flaws in my suspension (50k miles) causing the bigger wheels to exagerate the flaw. Also, I have 40's up front and they rub when the car hits a dip in the road. The extra 12 mm overall measurement may be causing the wheels to shake once it is driven. They road force balance perfectly. Why do guys with 20 inch wheels with 35 and 30 profile tires not have this problem? I used the metal hub centric rings and it still shook. Then I went to the plastic ones, and they only do slightly better. Any info you decide to share would be appreciated. thanks!

BTW... I hate how my car's rear is higher than the front. It's slight, but I HATE it. Seems like you have the same look.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

Originally Posted by bgreaves
Reason being is that I have steering shake and seat of the pants shake. I did EVERYTHING known to man kind to stop it but it won't so I'm close to getting rid of them. I have the factory sport suspension as well. They road force balance perfectly. I used the metal hub centric rings and it still shook. Then I went to the plastic ones, and they only do slightly better. Any info you decide to share would be appreciated. thanks!
I've been dealing with the same vibrating issues since I got mine too back in Nov. Everything balances out perfectly as well. I've been told by 2 different shops(BMW dealer & BMW Indy) it is because of the 74.1 CB on the front wheels. I've tried plastic rings and metal rings too.....no change. The ONLY thing that seems to improve it is wrap the front hubs with duct tape. The shake is still there, but better with the tape. Just clean the hubs really well, then wrap one layer of tape around the hub. Get a razor knife and trim off the excess tape that hangs out past the hub lips. Use the metal rings that came with the wheels as they are not as tight on the hubs as the plastic rings.....and slide them on over the tape. Then put the wheels on. Next time you pull the wheels off the hub rings should stay on the hubs and will be seated all the way against the rotor hat. Take it for a spin and see if the vibration is less.
I would push for new front wheels. Avant Garde is replacing mine with their new 72.56 CB front wheels when they arrive next month. If you look on their site, their statement says their BMW wheels do not require hub rings, which obviously is a false statement. I was surprised when I got mine and found rings pressed into the front wheels.
Hopefully they will keep their word, and I'll have new front wheels coming.

Good luck with it
Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Did you buy them from a shop? Give them a call and have them talk to AG for you or at least help you troubleshoot. Any decent shop should do this as part of their customer service.

Michael
Acute Performance

Originally Posted by bgreaves
Hello! I really like the combo of colors. I have the same wheels but my rears are 9.5. I have Hankook V12's as well but the rears are 275's. Anyway, can you tell me how many miles are on your car? Reason being is that I have steering shake and seat of the pants shake. I did EVERYTHING known to man kind to stop it but it won't so I'm close to getting rid of them. I have the factory sport suspension as well. I was told that there may be flaws in my suspension (50k miles) causing the bigger wheels to exagerate the flaw. Also, I have 40's up front and they rub when the car hits a dip in the road. The extra 12 mm overall measurement may be causing the wheels to shake once it is driven. They road force balance perfectly. Why do guys with 20 inch wheels with 35 and 30 profile tires not have this problem? I used the metal hub centric rings and it still shook. Then I went to the plastic ones, and they only do slightly better. Any info you decide to share would be appreciated. thanks!

BTW... I hate how my car's rear is higher than the front. It's slight, but I HATE it. Seems like you have the same look.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:24 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20

Originally Posted by leese8080
Here are the specs of my new setup.

Avant Garde M310 - Matte Black

Front: 19 x 8.5 et15 - Hankook V12s 245/35/19
Rear: 19x 11.0 et33 - Hankook V12s 285/30/19

I have stock sports suspension and no spaces. No rubbing issues.

Pardon the quality of the pictures. Next mod: DSLR camera

///Special Thanks to Acuteperformance (Michael)/// - Michael answered all my questions and was very helpful. Great guy to deal with.

Look great bro!!! Where in socal are you? PM if you don't want to post in main forum, you look very local.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

I like the way it looks now. Of course you could get coilovers to lower it a tad, but with the stock sport suspension I think it looks fine. The spacing in the back looks wider than usual because you are parked on a slight decline.
Got any pics on a level surface?
Old 02-18-2011, 02:11 PM
MTV
Members

Coolness...
Old 02-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

Originally Posted by Kaizen
Got any pics on a level surface?
Here's mine...same wheels on stock sport suspension, but with 305/ 30 rear tires

https://5series.net/forums/topic/108...s/page__st__15
Old 02-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Contributors

sick!!!

Quick Reply: [New Rims] Avant Garde Style M310: 19s - Matte Black