E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Are you obsessed with your BMW?
Yes, and others think so, too.
93.10%
No, not at all.
6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Are you obsessed with your BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 550i

Exactly what I do EVERYTIME........ I make sure my wife does not see me do that... LOL.....

Originally Posted by PlanB
I love coming out of the store and heading to the parking lot and just staring at my car on the long walk to the drivers door...and I love driving it even more!
Old 08-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Banned

My Ride: E60 550i

I would be pissed if someone put a beer can on my car.... and every other thing, keys, bags.....
Once I came out in the parking lot and this guy put his coffee on MY car, gave him "the look".

Originally Posted by Howitzer
hahahahahaha!!!! That is too funny man.

One time I was visiting my p's house and I was outside of their garage just spending time with my car. My father comes outside with 2 beers and put one on the roof of the E60 and said "you've been out here a while, figured you and your woman wanted a drink." I almost fell over laughing.
Old 08-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Members

My Ride: Stock for now

Just because I wipe down the front bumper ever time I get home does not mean I am obsessed with my E60....I'm not........ I'm not obsessed. ...... I do the same thing on my 08 Z06 ever time I get home. I hate to see my cars dirty but I am not obsessed. I keep my Tundra just as clean but it stays outside sometimes so the dust just sticks to it like glue. On the other hand I have a Honda Civic and while I do clean it, its the all around park anywhere rock chipped front bumper , leave anywhere overnight car. We all need one of these as well.

I better call the clinic and make an appointment!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

i often find myself going out side with the intent to practice lacrosse... i end up in a chair or sitting on the ground just looking at my car from every angle. keep in mind this is before ive been able to do any major mods, when that happens id better get a bed in the driveway
yes i believe i would have to say im obsessed
Old 08-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60.teamegypt.4
i often find myself going out side with the intent to practice lacrosse... i end up in a chair or sitting on the ground just looking at my car from every angle. keep in mind this is before ive been able to do any major mods, when that happens id better get a bed in the driveway
yes i believe i would have to say im obsessed

TOO TRUE! I almost can't look at normal non-sport, stock 5'ers now and think there i just something wrong with them (especially pre-LCI). Example:

Before mod addiction:

Are you obsessed with your BMW?-lol.jpg

AFTER mod addiction:

Are you obsessed with your BMW?-gallery_22122_2707_578496.jpg
Old 08-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Damn Howi!
Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2009 E61 525 xDAT with plenty good stuff (NAV, HUD etc)

Also had to vote a clear Yes - I am not at all into modding or those things, but I recognize myself in several comments on how we turn an extra time just to watch our E60 before leaving it and so on. This is my first bimmer (-09 525 xDAT), and I fear it's so addictive in the end that no other car can ever replace it..... And, driving suddenly became FUN again after gettin' a propeller on the steering wheel!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: m54

Originally Posted by Howitzer
TOO TRUE! I almost can't look at normal non-sport, stock 5'ers now and think there i just something wrong with them (especially pre-LCI). Example:

Before mod addiction:

Attachment 137416

AFTER mod addiction:

Attachment 137417
haha yes i know what you mean, even for me after seeing all the cars on here that look gorgeous like yours, i now look at mine (nearly stock) not quite the way i used to... and where did you get your m54 badge?
Old 08-09-2010, 06:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F10 M-Sport
Model Year: 2014

Great Thread.

My E60 could probably be considered an obsession from time to time !
Old 08-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by e60.teamegypt.4
and where did you get your m54 badge?
Made it. Went to Autozone, bought the .99c chrome emblems there. I then purchased plastic gloss black spray paint and put about 5-6 coats on each letter and put it on myself. Turned out really nice and looks OEM. Local shop I went to was floored since they've never seen anyone put the engine name on the rear before. I was also pulled over by a police officer last week for having an expired plate sticker (was late a couple weeks), and he said: "What's an M FIVE FOUR? I've heard of M5 and M3 but not an M54." I told him it was a 530 and M54 was what was under the hood. I just think its funny because it just makes people go "HUH? is that a new one?" heheh. I got the idea from another member here who put N62 on his trunk. Sorry, but after putting a lot of $$$ and into a car it deserves SOME sort of different badge.

P.S. - M5 mirrors just came in by the way from NVD Autosport in Thailand!!!! Weoooooo!!! Gonna hopefully get them on this weekend, can't wait!!!

Quick Reply: Are you obsessed with your BMW?