E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: Are you obsessed with your BMW?
Yes, and others think so, too.
93.10%
No, not at all.
6.90%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Are you obsessed with your BMW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Someone actually voted NO. I can't believe it! hahah
It's the 1st step in addiction ...... DENIAL!!

I work @ a shop that does car wash and detailing so my E60 is washed almost every week, sometimes every 4 days. I ALWAYS look back every single time I park it anywhere just to admire her.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:48 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
It's the 1st step in addiction ...... DENIAL!!

I work @ a shop that does car wash and detailing so my E60 is washed almost every week, sometimes every 4 days. I ALWAYS look back every single time I park it anywhere just to admire her.
I was at the dentist the other day, and he is a car guy too, he has a 2003 Maserati and he had some 911 Porsche before, I parked so I could see my car out the window lmao he was like "I saw you check out your car like 50 times" Hahaha
Old 08-02-2010, 06:58 AM
Banned

For me deciding to buy a BMW took a while after driving a Jeep for a number of years and Infinity G series sedans. I had always heard that BMW is the ultimate driving machine and they're right. It is! Before I purchased my 5 series I test drove Mercedes, Porsche , M5 and the Infinity G-37 convertible and based of what was practical for me at the time including price I decided on the 530i. I 'll be honest and say that maybe I should have purchased a 550i, however I was concerned about gas mileage and insurance costs. Maybe one day I'll purchase a M5 because deep down inside that's what I really want.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:34 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i Production date: 02/04 Color: Black Sapphire Metallic Trim: Anthracite Options: Sport package with STEPTRONIC, Premium Sound, Rear Sunshade, Xenon

I just changed over to her her other pair of shoes yesterday....my BBS....boy she looks sexy.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Contributors

When my ex-gf and I were dating, she once wanted to break up with me because of my car.

Whenever she wants to get in, she used to scrape the door panel with her high heels by mistake no matter how many times I used to tell her to be careful. So I always used to comment on how clumsy she is and would get out, clean the door panel then get back in my seat and drive (and that's EVERY SINGLE TIME).

Till once I was picking her up going clubbing, she snapped when getting in the car (I think it was that time of the month), when I gave her the comment "Oh come on.. EVERYTIME babe". She stood out of the car and yelled "Its either me or the car". AND THIS WAS MY MISTAKE, I paused without an answer..... " YOUR THINKING ABOUT IT, goooood your soo naiive" and didnt hear from her for 3days.

So yeah, I do love my car.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Bteljuice
When my ex-gf and I were dating, she once wanted to break up with me because of my car.

Whenever she wants to get in, she used to scrape the door panel with her high heels by mistake no matter how many times I used to tell her to be careful. So I always used to comment on how clumsy she is and would get out, clean the door panel then get back in my seat and drive (and that's EVERY SINGLE TIME).

Till once I was picking her up going clubbing, she snapped when getting in the car (I think it was that time of the month), when I gave her the comment "Oh come on.. EVERYTIME babe". She stood out of the car and yelled "Its either me or the car". AND THIS WAS MY MISTAKE, I paused without an answer..... " YOUR THINKING ABOUT IT, goooood your soo naiive" and didnt hear from her for 3days.

So yeah, I do love my car.
W/e hahaha hoochies come and go, you paid big money for the car!
Old 08-02-2010, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by Krozi
Must be new members!
Haha good one!

... or they're just very good at self deception...
Old 08-02-2010, 10:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Someone actually voted NO. I can't believe it! hahah
I voted no. It's just a car. It just happens to have won the competition I invited all cars to enter. It got the most points for all things under consideration and suits my needs the best for the price range I was willing to part with. There isn't one that suits 'em better right now. If there was, it would be the one being neglected in my garage instead of the E60.

I spend about $7 cleaning it once a month at the drive-thru and drive it on average about 2-3 times a week for a total of less than 100 miles. I enjoy the hell out of those 100 miles though and still can't find anything I'd rather be owning right now for this price.

Heartless? Yup :thumbsdown:
Old 08-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Krozi
I was at the dentist the other day, and he is a car guy too, he has a 2003 Maserati and he had some 911 Porsche before, I parked so I could see my car out the window lmao he was like "I saw you check out your car like 50 times" Hahaha
hahahahahaha!!!! That is too funny man.

One time I was visiting my p's house and I was outside of their garage just spending time with my car. My father comes outside with 2 beers and put one on the roof of the E60 and said "you've been out here a while, figured you and your woman wanted a drink." I almost fell over laughing.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 07' 550I Black

Find a reflective building to drive by... Do you stare at your car?? Are u embarrassed when your wheels or paint are dirty?? Then the answer is yes!!

Quick Reply: Are you obsessed with your BMW?