E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

You just don't appreciate what you have.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 11:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i SMG

Well I got a message for all of them
" SHAKE AND BAKE!!!"
Attached Thumbnails You just don't appreciate what you have.-cal.jpg  
Old 04-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

But seriously Im with all of you.
Since my car is in the shop Im just inching to get back in it.
This chevy trailblazer is driving me crazy
Old 04-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Members

Dont it always seem to go, that you dont know what you got till its gone...
Old 04-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by chromecarz00' post='840709' date='Apr 8 2009, 02:37 PM
Dont it always seem to go, that you dont know what you got till its gone...
+10000000000
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: e36 318i manual convertible top, 5 speed manual, calypso red/black soft top, cassette am/fm radio, heated sand leatherette seats, michelin mxv4 allseason tires (100% stock) e60 545i sport package, 6 speed manual, sapphire black, 18" 124 wheels bridgestone runflats (summer) 17" rial salerno dunlop runflats (winter) navigation, satelite radio, winter package, PDC, sunshades, wood trim, dakota leather seats (100% stock)

Howitzer,

I understand you completely. I was cruising on I-55 east toward the lakefront thinking what a damn good BMW 545i I have. Then, out of the blue a gray growling beast of a M5 (Illinois license plate "TRUTH") buzzed me from the passenger side. It pulled up to me, growled then sped away being closely followed by a black 745i. The experience was humbling, but I still think the 545i sport is best 5 series car all around for me.

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='840419' date='Apr 8 2009, 10:38 AM
So I was looking online the other day at some 6ers, an M3, even some SLK and S class Mercedes, and admiring those cars thinking to myself, (I just have a lowly 5 series, a lowly 530 at that...)

Then I stepped outside and looked at my car in the parking lot at work and saw the dozens of cars around it and thought: "Wow, my car rocks compared to most of the piles of horse shit cars around it!"

Then I also realized that I am one of those people who is constantly thinking about what I don't have, what I want to achieve, and not what I "do" have and what I "did" achieve. Its easy to get lost in the bullshit sometimes, isn't it?

There is my Confucius for the day.

I love my baby. I need some side skirts dammit!

Old 04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='840419' date='Apr 8 2009, 11:38 AM
So I was looking online the other day at some 6ers, an M3, even some SLK and S class Mercedes, and admiring those cars thinking to myself, (I just have a lowly 5 series, a lowly 530 at that...)

Then I stepped outside and looked at my car in the parking lot at work and saw the dozens of cars around it and thought: "Wow, my car rocks compared to most of the piles of horse shit cars around it!"

Then I also realized that I am one of those people who is constantly thinking about what I don't have, what I want to achieve, and not what I "do" have and what I "did" achieve. Its easy to get lost in the bullshit sometimes, isn't it?

There is my Confucius for the day.

I love my baby. I need some side skirts dammit!

Very wise, you have a super nice car.

I keep window shopping for another M3, which would require selling my car, even saw a nice silver one today but I need to keep reminding myself how much I really like my car. It's super comfortable (comfort seats) sounds great (Dinan exhaust) and is more than fast enough.

Guys who like to mod always seem to be looking for the next thing, its a sickness
Old 04-08-2009, 04:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='840550' date='Apr 8 2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah, i have this too. A couple of years ago i thought, i wish i owned a house and some luxurious new car instead of living with my mom and driving a crappy '90 VW Passat.
Now i have a house, 2 great cars and i still catch myself thinking: Damn, i want that Aston Martin V8 Vantage, that AC Cobra replica, a bigger house, etc...

But then i take a step back and think: i'm 24, look at what i've done in just a couple of years, i should be proud of myself and not always want more and more.
I do however think that it's GOOD to dream, because it's exactly that dreaming that gets you further in life. When you've reached a goal, always take that goal one step further or set another, bigger goal.
It keeps me on my toes and when i think about it, it gives me something to look out for.
+1. There is nothing wrong or immoral in wanting something more or better that what you have. That's the engine of success in a capitalist economic model.

I agree that having dreams and goals makes you work harder and be more creative than you would be otherwise. It's no different in the workplace. I always try and foster the careers of the associates at my firm who want to make partner. Those tend to be the folks who work the hardest and to do what it takes to win. The ones who are merely content to be associates forever tend to be the first to leave the office, the ones most likely to give up on a case or a client and the ones most likely to drop the ball in a crunch -- not the kind of person you want standing next to you marching up the hill under heavy fire.

Life is not a dress rehearsal. And you never know when it will be over. So you might as well live every damn minute that you have given that you can't take it with you when you are gone. I say that if you want the side skirts, get 'em. If you aspire to be able to buy the M6 or an S-Class one day, it just might incentivize you to work hard enough to be in an economic position to get them one day.

I'm very grateful and thankful for what I have. No one gave it to me. Whatever I have I earned, fueled by my hopes and dreams. Having them is a good thing -- not something to apologize for or be ashamed of.

By the way, your car is really nice looking as is.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='840510' date='Apr 8 2009, 01:02 PM
My father once told me to get a hooker since you pay at once. But a wife, you pay for the rest of your life. How's that for Confucius?
Why didn't you tell me this before i got married
Old 04-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Contributors

Don't get caught up in the rat race.

You should enjoy, not the model of your car, but the make of your car. Regardless of having a BMW 535, 530, 528, e46 e36, or anything, you have a BMW and that is something to feel achieved about. You see everyone driving their Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, etc... but you, you have a BMW, an exotic.
Rich people are made in America to make the middle class more successful. I will not touch upon poor people's lives because they are financially intelligent and need to take classes on managing their assets and reducing their liabilities/expenses. America was made to establish fear, yet, a type of goal in everyone's mindset. We fear being poor, so we better ourselves and learn how not to go that low, but with the rich models, entraprenuers(sp), and rappers, they set a role model to the middle class for us to strive to do better, get a job and help the government and it's economy. Face it, you turn heads, with a symbol, the BMW symbol. Yeah, maybe for the same price, you could get a Mercedes AMG, or spend a little more and get yourself a Bentley or Maybach, but think about it, really?

You are not going to drive those cars and grip the road like you do with a BMW. Comfort and luxury is what those companies strive for but lack the effect of feeling you are driving a car. Enjoy your ride, make it "your" ride, separate from others, and drive it like it is meant to be driven.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Damn I love those 166 rims.

Quick Reply: You just don't appreciate what you have.