E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yellow Warning Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey kigerka my dealer pointed out the stickers first thing and made a big production about not removing them. He said when the day comes to send the car back to the States the US Customs inspector could slap a hold on the car. Depending what kind of day the inspector is having..... The car does not meet US Specs with the stickers removed and customs has the power to prevent its import.

Just FYI.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Good info for US Citizens abroad!
Old 08-10-2004, 01:25 AM
Contributors

Uh-Oh, Hopefully they will have looked at so many cars it will not be noticed.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:09 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i Mystic Blue, European Delivery, Steptronic, Prem Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Nav, Heads Up, Active Cruise, Rear Sunshade, Rear Side Airbags, Rear Seat Heating, Park Distance Control, Xenon, CPT9000 GSM phone, red rear reflectors, Sirius!!!!

I successfully removed the stickers, but found Goo B Gone didn't take some of the black ink which had blead through. I used an Ink Remover from Goo B Gone and it did the trick.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:11 AM
Members

Question is for north american owners:

Anyone know if there is litigation risk in removing the stickers when you sell the car?

i.e. if the new owner gets into an accident involving the airbag or whatever else the yellow stickers warn you about, can they sue you for removing the stickers?
Old 08-10-2004, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Tofu Warrior' date='Aug 10 2004, 06:11 PM
i.e. if the new owner gets into an accident involving the airbag or whatever else the yellow stickers warn you about, can they sue you for removing the stickers?
I bet you can... It's the "land of the lawyers"... You can sue everybody for anything!
But you can probably buy those stickers from your dealer before you are selling the car...
Old 08-10-2004, 10:16 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Tofu Warrior' date='Aug 10 2004, 06:11 PM
Question is for north american owners:

Anyone know if there is litigation risk in removing the stickers when you sell the car?

I am sure there is a reason. Remember, this is the place were a burglar can break their leg in your house and sue you and win.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Is this true??????
Attached Images  
Old 08-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Yep. That actually happened.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

Yes, if you sell your car to a private party (not trade-in or leased) then you will have to reattach the warning stickers. If you can't get them at the dealer, then you can buy the visors for about $100 each at the dealer.

For me, I'm going to trade the car in, and the dealer will resell it, so they can worry about the stickers.

Quick Reply: Yellow Warning Stickers