E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

wipers

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

i am haveing a problem with my wipers not returning to the full down position. Ever since i had 16.2 and even with 17.1 installed the other day my wipers dont always return to the complete rest postion. I complained to the dealer the last time i was in and they replaced my wiper blades and said that the age of them caused the problem. aaaaaaaaa that was not it, they still hang up but if i let them wipe tow or three more times they go to the rest position. Does any one else have this problem and if so haow was it corrected have to take the car back in a week or too to replace the back seat covers leaft and right, after the seat heater recall they broke the clips so the seats covers are not flush on one side of both seats, parts are on order though
Old 07-07-2005, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by buddy' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:06 PM
i am haveing a problem with my wipers not returning to the full down position.? Ever since i had 16.2 and even with 17.1 installed the other day my wipers dont always return to the complete rest postion.? I complained to the dealer the last time i was in and they replaced my wiper blades and said that the age of them caused the problem. aaaaaaaaa that was not it, they still hang up but if i let them wipe tow or three more times they go to the rest position.? Does any one else have this problem and if so haow was it corrected have to take the car back in a week or too to replace the back seat covers leaft and right, after the seat heater recall they broke the clips so the seats covers are not flush on one side of both seats, parts are on order though
[snapback]146762[/snapback]
The wiper problem doesn't sound right, especially if they eventually return to the proper park (full down) position. Maybe a software issue, maybe something else but clearly not anything to do with the age of the blades...
Old 07-07-2005, 10:24 PM
Senior Members

try to find a way to break it and have them replace both .
Old 07-08-2005, 12:17 AM
Contributors

I don't think it is the same problem but my left wiper doesn't swipe all the way to the left any more - only to about 1:00. But I had my windshield replaced at the same time as the software upgrade. I think they must have removed the arms and not returned them to the correct position when replacing the windshield.
Old 07-08-2005, 03:51 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

Originally Posted by ULtraPLanet' date='Jul 8 2005, 02:17 AM
I don't think it is the same problem but my left wiper doesn't swipe all the way to the left any more - only to about 1:00.? But I had my windshield replaced at the same time as the software upgrade.? I think they must have removed the arms and not returned them to the correct position when replacing the windshield.
[snapback]146867[/snapback]
ultraplanet yours sounds like it could be a loose lock down nut on the wiper arm if they removed them from the spline gear they may have not completly tightened the nut back down thus sometimes the splines catch and sometimes they don't. You can lift up the cover and see if the nut is tight.

As for mine Rudy i know it wasn't the blades cause they changed them a couple of months ago i to think that it is software related or the actual motor controller could be going bad will take it back after i get back in town in two weeks.