E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Window alert came on!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My rear right window was being closed and the warning symbol and message came on that the window safety alert was activated. Now I cannot move the window up or down more than a small distance at a time. And each time I start the car the warning comes on again initially.

I read through the manual and found a procedure that I tried but it did not deactivate the warning. It says to hold the window switch down for 4 seconds, and it will override the feature.

I remember reading about this in another thread, but couldn't remember if this has to be reset by the dealer (if so, that is silly).

Anyone know how I can do this myself????

thanks,
Old 10-10-2004, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Oct 10 2004, 10:17 PM
My rear right window was being closed and the warning symbol and message came on that the window safety alert was activated. Now I cannot move the window up or down more than a small distance at a time. And each time I start the car the warning comes on again initially.

I read through the manual and found a procedure that I tried but it did not deactivate the warning. It says to hold the window switch down for 4 seconds, and it will override the feature.

I remember reading about this in another thread, but couldn't remember if this has to be reset by the dealer (if so, that is silly).

Anyone know how I can do this myself????

thanks,
[snapback]43288[/snapback]
It happened to me twice - the last time was today...
I just turned the engine off, left and locked the car for ten minutes and then came back and started it again, all systems worked perfectly again!

If that doesn't help there must be a real problem and you should have it checked out by the dealer...
Old 10-10-2004, 03:36 PM
Senior Members

thanks Ice. so far I've had the car off multiple times for hours in between and still no luck. I'll keep an eye on it and see if it goes away.

It doens't seem like anything should have caused it, it's been as normal as can be....

Maybe the sensitivity of these windows is set too high
Old 10-10-2004, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Oct 11 2004, 01:36 AM
thanks Ice. so far I've had the car off multiple times for hours in between and still no luck.? I'll keep an eye on it and see if it goes away.?

It doens't seem like anything should have caused it, it's been as normal as can be....

Maybe the sensitivity of these windows is set too high
[snapback]43342[/snapback]
Yeah, on mine nothing has happened what could have caused the malfunction. I didn't even used the windows...
So, if yours keep coming on, get it checked by your dealer.
I have reported my case to my dealer who will check if there is anything wrong when the car is in the next time. But I guess it's just the software going bananas...
Old 10-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Senior Members

guess what Ice, the alert stopped after all. it gave up once my low fuel alert took its place and it never returned!

I do like how the alerts show up in the HUD, I was wondering how many different things could end up in the alert.
Old 10-12-2004, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by gdavis' date='Oct 12 2004, 01:40 PM
guess what Ice, the alert stopped after all. it gave up once my low fuel alert took its place and it never returned!

I do like how the alerts show up in the HUD, I was wondering how many different things could end up in the alert.
[snapback]43800[/snapback]
That's funny! I'm glad your problem is solved!!
The HUD shows all warning messages from the OBC, like "door ajar", "low fuel", "lights on" (when you park and want to leave the car, "low battery", "fasten seatbelt" there are lots more...