E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Why is my climate control always on?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i

I tried searching, but ended without any results.

Well every time I enter in my car, the climate control is always on. Before I leave the car, I make sure everything is off. Is there a setting I'm missing?

I just picked up my 530i and I'm trying to figure out things (manual is not very informative)
Old 01-02-2006, 10:06 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by carfreak' post='218318' date='Jan 2 2006, 01:53 PM

Well every time I enter in my car, the climate control is always on. Before I leave the car, I make sure everything is off. Is there a setting I'm missing?

I just picked up my 530i and I'm trying to figure out things (manual is not very informative)
After searching just climate control, I found it:

If you don't want the AC to come on when you start the engine, simple (before you turn the engine off) press the Auto button and then the Off button. The next time you start the engine, the AC will NOT be ON.

This didn't work. Any other ideas
Old 01-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by carfreak' post='218322

If you don't want the AC to come on when you start the engine, simple (before you turn the engine off) press the Auto button and then the Off button. The next time you start the engine, the AC will NOT be ON.

[/quote]I have seen the matter discussed before, but I can't remember if there was a suggestion that actually worked. I say live and let live. Let it come on to show you it's on the job. Say thank you and turn the Bill-Gates like thing off. Unless you want your windows down, there's not much reason to turn it off.

However, if I want to go fast straight, then I turn it off way before I am ready. The compressor does not actually have a clutch so it is not instant off and instant on.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2013 535i (White with Oyster Interior. Premium Package, Navigation, Technology Pacakge, Park Distance Control, and Rear View Camera)

My experience is if I leave the AC off and turn off the car for short period time, it will stay off. When I leave my car off over few hours it will always turn the climate control back on automatically.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='218466' date='Jan 2 2006, 08:19 PM
My experience is if I leave the AC off and turn off the car for short period time, it will stay off. When I leave my car off over few hours it will always turn the climate control back on automatically.
I suspect that's what carfreak will eventually discover...
Old 01-02-2006, 06:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='218474
I suspect that's what carfreak will eventually discover...
[/quote]

Discovered it tonight This is annoying..... :thumbsdown:
Old 01-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Just curious carfreak, why do you need it to stay off?
Old 01-02-2006, 07:56 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 E92 335i M-Sport 6MT

Originally Posted by Freewilly' post='218466' date='Jan 2 2006, 05:19 PM
This also bugged me, but I learned to live with it. A service advisor told me that what I was experiencing was totally normal. So instead of getting startled with a huge fan blast (if left with the Auto light on) when I first start the car, I leave the fan on the lowest setting with the Auto and snowflake lights off. That way, it's always at that setting whenever I start her up. I'd rather hear the V8 crank up and roar than the interior fan blowing air at high speed!
Old 01-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by carfreak' post='218322

[/quote]

Did you switch car keys?
Old 01-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Mine is -never- on auto, because I want to control when the AC compressor is engaged. I leave the fan in the lowest position, only turning it up if I need to change the temperature quickly. The temperature knobs still function the way they're supposed to, but I need to control the fan. No biggie.

Mine has no problem returning to the proper state when I start the car.

Nice avatar Rudy!

Quick Reply: Why is my climate control always on?