E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Who's first??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did anyone get the BMW iPod cable with the 6FL option? My dealer didn't know anything about it.

Quoting JSPIRA's excellent article "A supplied special cable connects the dock connector on the iPod to both the AUX-IN and the USB ports." I had no luck with iPod USB/Dock Connector and 1/8" stereo cable. iPod goes into "do not disconnect" mode when connected to USB.

Obviously the car is here. Pics tomorrow.
Old 04-22-2007, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

Exclamation

Originally Posted by digital60' post='416412' date='Apr 21 2007, 08:46 PM
Did anyone get the BMW iPod cable with the 6FL option? My dealer didn't know anything about it.

Quoting JSPIRA's excellent article "A supplied special cable connects the dock connector on the iPod to both the AUX-IN and the USB ports." I had no luck with iPod USB/Dock Connector and 1/8" stereo cable. iPod goes into "do not disconnect" mode when connected to USB.

Yes I got the cable for I pod after asking the datails and instructions for it
Old 04-22-2007, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by digital60' post='416412' date='Apr 21 2007, 09:46 PM

I got one too. It wasn't in the car, I had to ask my salesman for it-- he told me that BMW ships it to the parts department separately because they are concerned that people will lift them from the cars if they are loose. My salesman walked to the parts department and came back with it.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by aqkhan6us' post='416381' date='Apr 21 2007, 06:33 PM
Picked up my 528 xi today.
No problem - Good experience at - Patrick BMW-Chicago (Tim Gadomski-Manager, he is good and Professional.)
Usually no good experience with car dealers in the past, Honda-Toyota-Acura)

Platinum gray: [Dark gray with very light greenish tint in bright light /sunlight ] [almost black in shade/less light}
Gray Dakota: great contrast with light poplar trim and black floor matts. Family loves interior more than exterior.
I Drive : have to get use to it, complex ? Like Settings.
Congrats--worth the wait and stress, right
I actually like the I Drive as I feel like I am really getting used to it. I think all cars should have one. Best of luck!
Old 04-22-2007, 12:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='416563' date='Apr 22 2007, 11:20 AM
I got one too. It wasn't in the car, I had to ask my salesman for it-- he told me that BMW ships it to the parts department separately because they are concerned that people will lift them from the cars if they are loose. My salesman walked to the parts department and came back with it.
I did not get mine. I ask on Monday for it. I am using the USB connect cable that came with my 30G Ipod. It charges while playing. The sound quality is outrageous!!! Whoa! Hi-Fi logic 7! I had previously test drive a MB with the ipod/aux thing and I did not like the sound quality at all. BMW did it right.

Hopefully, I will get my on Monday.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='416003' date='Apr 20 2007, 09:17 AM
So did they give you final word on whether or not they can install the M kit? Best of luck with the car and I hope for a speedy 24 hours!
Hey, I got the M167 wheels on so far. I did not need the 10mm HR spacers that I bought, so I will be returning them. The entire sales staff was so amazed with how well the car looked with those 167s they were each taking pictures of it. After being quite worried about how it would look, it was nice to see that it turned out good. I did get the tire and wheel thing they sold, along with something else that covers up tp five thousand dollars of damage to the paint, and 1000 extra miles on the lease. It moved my payment about 15 bucs, so I did it.

No, I have not had thekit installed yet, but it is now painted. So I will be scheduling install this week.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:38 PM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

Heard from dealer that my 550i sport which was supposed to be here on the 25th of April is still at the VPC in CA. It has been there about 12 days at this point which is driving me insane. This is after 28 days on the water to the west coast. It only took 5 days to build the whole car. The dealer told me that the prep center was all backed up because there were so many cars. He now assures me that it has been processed and will be on the next boat to hawaii and that it should only be about 2 more weeks or so. Its killing me.

Another customer ordered an almost identical 550i sport about a week before I ordered mine- Titanium Silver, Black interior with dark popular. It arrived late last week, so I went down to see it. It looked very good. The exhaust did not impress me as being particulary sporty at idle. Since it as a customers car I did not take it for a test drive. Not that big a fan of the 172 wheels, they look ok and I may get used to them, but not really my taste. Car had continental tires. The shifter did have a kind of electric shaver look to it and I did not like the large alluminium surround instead of a leather boot at all. Hopefully there will an after market part to address this.

Overall the car looked pretty aggessive.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CWG' post='416724' date='Apr 23 2007, 12:38 AM
Heard from dealer that my 550i sport which was supposed to be here on the 25th of April is still at the VPC in CA. It has been there about 12 days at this point which is driving me insane. This is after 28 days on the water to the west coast. It only took 5 days to build the whole car. The dealer told me that the prep center was all backed up because there were so many cars. He now assures me that it has been processed and will be on the next boat to hawaii and that it should only be about 2 more weeks or so. Its killing me.

Another customer ordered an almost identical 550i sport about a week before I ordered mine- Titanium Silver, Black interior with dark popular. It arrived late last week, so I went down to see it. It looked very good. The exhaust did not impress me as being particulary sporty at idle. Since it as a customers car I did not take it for a test drive. Not that big a fan of the 172 wheels, they look ok and I may get used to them, but not really my taste. Car had continental tires. The shifter did have a kind of electric shaver look to it and I did not like the large alluminium surround instead of a leather boot at all. Hopefully there will an after market part to address this.

Overall the car looked pretty aggessive.
I think that EPA delay created a pretty serious backlog. My car was the first to NJ and sat there for 2 weeks--I'm not sure what the domino effect of that was, if any.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bmw093' post='416786' date='Apr 23 2007, 06:54 AM
I think that EPA delay created a pretty serious backlog. My car was the first to NJ and sat there for 2 weeks--I'm not sure what the domino effect of that was, if any.

Mine was received at the Charleston, SC port 4/8. It has not yet been delivered to my dealer in Dallas. It was scheduled to be delivered yesterday, and expected today.
Old 04-28-2007, 01:38 PM
CWG
Members

My Ride: 08 550i Titanium Silver, Black interior, sport package, steptronic

my 08 550i sp is stuck at the vpc with a "recall" on the rear glass due to a problem with the antenna. Anyone who alredy got their car been advised of this recall. Or has anyone heard of this