E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whistling/Hissing sound from AirCon Vent

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 08:36 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all, I have just collected my ride (525) a couple of days ago and while scrutinizing the car, I discover a faint whistling/hissing sound emiting from the aircon vent when I accelerate from stand still. But the sound disappear after reaching cruising speed. While the car is idle and upon tapping on the accelerator, it was normal, no whistling sound detected. Although the whistling sound is rather mild, it is none the less irritating.

Could someone advice me if you have encountered similar situation with your E60? Mine was a Sep 05 production which came with a start/stop button.

Also, would really appreciate any technical advice on the problem. Many thanks in advance. Cheers!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Er, correction. A further investigation pointed to the gear knob where the sound is detected and not the aircon vent as originally thought. I wonder if other E60 has the same problem or use unique to my ride. Hmmm...what could it be...

Originally Posted by Fireplace' post='206464' date='Dec 3 2005, 01:36 PM
Hi all, I have just collected my ride (525) a couple of days ago and while scrutinizing the car, I discover a faint whistling/hissing sound emiting from the aircon vent when I accelerate from stand still. But the sound disappear after reaching cruising speed. While the car is idle and upon tapping on the accelerator, it was normal, no whistling sound detected. Although the whistling sound is rather mild, it is none the less irritating.

Could someone advice me if you have encountered similar situation with your E60? Mine was a Sep 05 production which came with a start/stop button.

Also, would really appreciate any technical advice on the problem. Many thanks in advance. Cheers!
Old 05-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very old post but I had the exact same thing happen to me, I've seen previous posts about windshields whistling but I could swear that this noise is coming from the Air conditioning vent like the OP stated was happening on his. I noticed it when I was going around 80-90 on the interstate today, at first I thought it was the A/C or radio so I shut both off. The noise definitely was coming from the A/C vent, this might be one of those mysteries that will never be solved.