E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Whats happening to my Dream Car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by monacobmw' post='328917' date='Aug 30 2006, 06:45 PM
Agreed with the original poster.
When you pay a lot for a car (i.e., you did not buy a Toyota or a Honda), you expect a little more. Yes, no car is perfect, but you expect that the more expensive cars will be more perfect than the less expensive ones.
With better manufacturing techniques today, some Toyotas are turning to have better quality results than some BMWs.
On the other hand, some more complicated vehicles like the BMW are going to have more problems because they are not run of the mill cars.

I think that the real key is how BMW reacts to fix the problem. I hope it is agreed that no sunroof should be making unexpected noises. To "whine" that an expensive car is producing an unexplained noise is not really whining. I do believe that we should expect easy problems to be solved easily.

I love this site because everyone is helpful and the code of conduct is to support, not attack one another. We all have really nice 5 series cars. I welcome the "newbie" to the board (I was there just a few months ago myself), and I look forward to his future reports on his new vehicle.

Best,
Agreed. What I think most folks incorrectly focused on was the comment that the car was sluggish in 4th, assuming that the poster was complaining about a lack of power in a 520d. Most responses are along the longs that the poster should have "paid up" and gotten a model with the bigger engine. I asssume the dealer will fix the car to his satisfaction, as they should for the price that was paid!
Old 08-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Old 08-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Its not the engine thing. its the way he presented himself and the way he complained about his problems. it was a bad approach and put a bad name to him as a new member.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='328930' date='Aug 30 2006, 07:29 PM
Its not the engine thing. its the way he presented himself and the way he complained about his problems. it was a bad approach and put a bad name to him as a new member.
Sorry but his initial post simply commented on his issues, your response brought up whining comment and things went downhill from there. According to you even you whine sometimes, is it not OK for him to have the same latitude? Others then chimed in with cracks about the engine. I have been on this board for a long time but it still amazes when that someone does want to vent/complain/whine, folks don't take the comments very well. Not everyone is as satisfied with their purchase as we are. Sometimes the complaints are valid, sometimes they're not, but he is certainly allowed to vent.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:13 PM
Contributors

And don't get me wrong, his response to your post was less than charming, but your response to him did not win any friendship prizes either...
Old 08-30-2006, 05:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='328939' date='Aug 30 2006, 06:09 PM
Sorry but his initial post simply commented on his issues, your response brought up whining comment and things went downhill from there. According to you even you whine sometimes, is it not OK for him to have the same latitude? Others then chimed in with cracks about the engine. I have been on this board for a long time but it still amazes when that someone does want to vent/complain/whine, folks don't take the comments very well. Not everyone is as satisfied with their purchase as we are. Sometimes the complaints are valid, sometimes they're not, but he is certainly allowed to vent.

Did you read my post(s)? I said its ok to whine but the way he approached his whining is what bugged me. So I can post whatever I want. and if the Mods dont like it they can delete it. And whatever direction this thread goes... uphill or downhill is not under my control.

Sure vent... but vent in a way where its reasonable.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='328940' date='Aug 30 2006, 06:13 PM
And don't get me wrong, his response to your post was less than charming, but your response to him did not win any friendship prizes either...

If his first post wasnt good then mine doenst need to be a love vee dove vee post.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='328941' date='Aug 30 2006, 08:16 PM
Did you read my post(s)? I said its ok to whine but the way he approached his whining is what bugged me. So I can post whatever I want. and if the Mods dont like it they can delete it. And whatever direction this thread goes... uphill or downhill is not under my control.

Sure vent... but vent in a way where its reasonable.
Um, OK?! Yes I read your posts, semi-quoted you as a matter of fact. Guess you didn't read my post, but sounds like some whining here as well. And I'm certainly not heading downhill, just along for the ride.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:29 PM
Contributors

Dude try to look over the word "whine" I said its ok to whine... What I said was the way he approached his whining... He made it sound like everything is suppose to be 100% perfect for him. The world revolves around him and if BMW cant provide him with the 100% perfect flawless car then he's going to go back to his Land Rover.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Contributors

Dude! My post acknowledged that you said it was OK to whine. Not sure that one approach is better that the when it comes to whining.

My only point was that this kind of post is usually met with the kind of response that the first folks gave, "look here for a similar problem" or "sorry to hear you're having issues". The "stop your whining, go back to your old car" kind of response belongs on Roadfly. Oops, hope I don't get banned for using that word here.

Anyway, I'm sure one of the Mods will step in and shut this thread down quickly, as they should! Have a good night!

Quick Reply: Whats happening to my Dream Car?