E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What is up with people parking lots?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 08:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

its because most of the time, they are not car enthusiasts
Old 03-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i

OP he probably did that on purpose just to piss you off because you broached the line to take up 2 spots yourself.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by sickmint79
OP he probably did that on purpose just to piss you off because you broached the line to take up 2 spots yourself.
But I didn't take up 2 spots. Again as I explained before there are no parking spaces to the right of the picture, otherwise I would not have even parked there. I know it appears that I double parked according to the picture but if you were standing in the garage and to the right you would see that I am parked on a clearly painted acute triangle .... out of the way of everyone. I go out of my way NOT to impose on anyone. The only reason anyone could possibly be upset with me is because I purposely parked in a manner that lowers my chances for a door ding. It in no way affects them or anyone else even if the garage was full.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

Well, when the option to park far away is taken and you have to park amongst others, I try to avoid all mini-vans, coupes, cars with car-seats in them, cars with toys in the back, cars that look like the owner's given up on life. Damn, that leave very few options
Old 03-17-2010, 10:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by gregoryalee
But I didn't take up 2 spots. Again as I explained before there are no parking spaces to the right of the picture, otherwise I would not have even parked there. I know it appears that I double parked according to the picture but if you were standing in the garage and to the right you would see that I am parked on a clearly painted acute triangle .... out of the way of everyone. I go out of my way NOT to impose on anyone. The only reason anyone could possibly be upset with me is because I purposely parked in a manner that lowers my chances for a door ding. It in no way affects them or anyone else even if the garage was full.
Agreed. When I lived in a loft in downtown Dallas, I use to park my E39 in a similar spot as you did. While the spot to one side of my car wasn't technically a parking spot, a few residents would still try to park in it. Apparently my parking habits bothered one of the residents. One morning, I came out and the car had been keyed ALL AROUND. Btw, it wasn't just a light scratch; they were deep gashes on the car.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:27 AM
Contributors

The garage I park in is mixed between assigned spots and "open" spots. There is one "assigned" spot (has a sign, number, etc) located between 2 open spots. In nearly 5 years, I have never seen a car parked in the assigned spot, and have deduced that the sign was not removed when the previous owner left. I park in the spot to the right of it, left wheels on the line, 3 feet from the next space to the right, and guaranteed that no one will park in the space to the left, due to the presence of the sign.

Works great!
Old 03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by mrfva
Agreed. When I lived in a loft in downtown Dallas, I use to park my E39 in a similar spot as you did. While the spot to one side of my car wasn't technically a parking spot, a few residents would still try to park in it. Apparently my parking habits bothered one of the residents. One morning, I came out and the car had been keyed ALL AROUND. Btw, it wasn't just a light scratch; they were deep gashes on the car.
Nice. <sarcasm>Of coarse keying your car was perfectly justified</sarcasm>.