E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What is up with people parking lots?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 03:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 530i

I swear to GOD that this happens to me and my Mum all the time! My Mum drives the LCI E65 and I drive the E60 and people CONSTANTLY park next to our cars although there are HEAPS of empty spaces in the car parks! Strange thing is though, when we go out with my Dad's E70, no one parks near it! WHY WHY WHY!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 04:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

mate you got plenty of space to get in your car, here in the uk some cock parked right next to my car with inches in between, they do it on purpose here. Fucking sucks it really does.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:16 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d M Sport 2006

Originally Posted by SSRL_2006
I swear to GOD that this happens to me and my Mum all the time! My Mum drives the LCI E65 and I drive the E60 and people CONSTANTLY park next to our cars although there are HEAPS of empty spaces in the car parks! Strange thing is though, when we go out with my Dad's E70, no one parks near it! WHY WHY WHY!!!
i'd love to be a member of your family ... given that your dad shares his car with me
Old 03-17-2010, 04:18 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 525d M Sport 2006

Originally Posted by gregoryalee
I go out of my way to find parking spots that will minimize the possibility of door dings. If I can I will go to the back of the lot. So today I had to park in a garage... and after looking for a little while I find a spot that is at the end of the row and is out of the way of traffic including foot traffic (I know it doesn't look that way in the photo. I make sure I don't park where someone could come around and hit my car or scrape up against it with a jacket). So anyway I came back to my car with this A$#@L3 parked so close to me that I couldn't open my door fully (again it looks like there is more room in the picture than there actually was)! I am not exaggerating when I say that there were at least 7 empty spaces to the left side of this picture and TONS of spaces around in general. I took this picture after I thoroughly checked for door dings. If anyone deserves door dings its this guy. Shame on me for not parking my car on the top deck with the pigeons.
you're not parking properly neither ! (as far as i understand from the picture)
Old 03-17-2010, 04:51 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Sport

Originally Posted by flyingpuck
It's simple.....
He parked there in that manner because he KNEW the nice BMW would NEVER damage his precious and beloved Dodge!!
No, the dodge owner is a parking-lot vigilantly and clearly went out of his/her way to park next to you like that in order to prove their point. Which is; you're taking up two spots and parked improperly. To a parking-lot vigilantly, you are the asshole unnecessarily taking more then your share of spots for your communist yuppie family saloon. This is clearly a "let's see how you like it Ahole move".
Old 03-17-2010, 05:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by AngelEyes
you're not parking properly neither ! (as far as i understand from the picture)
Agreed I am not parking properly as within the lines, but it's strictly a defensive move against door dings. I would never take multiple spots as it's rude and even if I were to do it from the back of the parking lot... it asks for trouble from vigilantes. It does appear that I am taking up two spots from the picture, but it's really at the end of the row and there is no parking spot on the other side, and it's not marked as no parking.

BTW: You would really get a laugh out of it, there are spots like this one on every level of the garage and they are all taken up by Bimmers and other snobby euro cars parked in a similar manner.
Old 03-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by xcntrk
No, the dodge owner is a parking-lot vigilantly and clearly went out of his/her way to park next to you like that in order to prove their point. Which is; you're taking up two spots and parked improperly. To a parking-lot vigilantly, you are the asshole unnecessarily taking more then your share of spots for your communist yuppie family saloon. This is clearly a "let's see how you like it Ahole move".
LOL...Thats how I took it. It doesn't stop there however. I live near Detroit and I get angry UAW members tailgating me swerving very close etc...
Old 03-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i (Sport, Prem, Nav, Logic7, Comf. Seats) Black on Black

He is a D!&K. However, maybe he is looking for some extra cushion on his passenger side for his car. He knows you will not bump it.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i TITANIUM GREY II on Black Dakota Lthr, Comfort Seats, Sports PKG, Premium PKG, Active/Dynamic Drive, NAV, Winter Package.

Yeah! but when you park this way you're looking for trouble....

Originally Posted by gregoryalee
Agreed I am not parking properly as within the lines, but it's strictly a defensive move against door dings. I would never take multiple spots as it's rude and even if I were to do it from the back of the parking lot... it asks for trouble from vigilantes. It does appear that I am taking up two spots from the picture, but it's really at the end of the row and there is no parking spot on the other side, and it's not marked as no parking.

BTW: You would really get a laugh out of it, there are spots like this one on every level of the garage and they are all taken up by Bimmers and other snobby euro cars parked in a similar manner.
Old 03-17-2010, 06:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Moopai
Yeah! but when you park this way you're looking for trouble....

Trouble from A$$h0l3$ yes. But it's not nearly as annoying than nice fresh door ding would be! Most people don't care UNLESS your taking multiple spots, which I do not do. I have witnessed on multiple occasions people throwing open their doors into others cars, and shoving shopping carts into cars.

It comes down to this: If I get a door ding because I parked in with everyone else it's an accident and I am screwed. If I clearly park out of harms way and someone gets angry with my parking choice and does something to my car, there is a good chance its vandalism.

Quick Reply: What is up with people parking lots?