E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What is up with people parking lots?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I go out of my way to find parking spots that will minimize the possibility of door dings. If I can I will go to the back of the lot. So today I had to park in a garage... and after looking for a little while I find a spot that is at the end of the row and is out of the way of traffic including foot traffic (I know it doesn't look that way in the photo. I make sure I don't park where someone could come around and hit my car or scrape up against it with a jacket). So anyway I came back to my car with this A$#@L3 parked so close to me that I couldn't open my door fully (again it looks like there is more room in the picture than there actually was)! I am not exaggerating when I say that there were at least 7 empty spaces to the left side of this picture and TONS of spaces around in general. I took this picture after I thoroughly checked for door dings. If anyone deserves door dings its this guy. Shame on me for not parking my car on the top deck with the pigeons.
Attached Thumbnails What is up with people parking lots?-img_0088.jpg  
Old 03-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Here ya go:

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

Enjoy
Old 03-16-2010, 06:15 PM
Members

Bro thats awesome!!!!!!! Thanks for the link
Old 03-16-2010, 06:17 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by gregoryalee
Bro thats awesome!!!!!!! Thanks for the link

You're welcome, my wife and I bookmarked it - we have left a few "tickets"
Old 03-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by pjinca
I put those to good use
Old 03-16-2010, 06:25 PM
Members

After looking at some of the parking "jobs" I feel a lot better!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550i | Silver-Grey- A08 | Premium - Sport Package | Adaptive Headlights | Logic 7 w/ CD Changer | Bluetooth | Park Distance Control | Xenon Headlights | Comfort Access [s]Sprint Booster V1[/s] | K&N filter - Stock Box w/ Charcoal Filter Removed | Clear Side LED Markers | Matte Black Grilles | RPI Air Scoop | RPI 550i GT Exhaust | 12" Kicker w/ AMP | Headlight Euro Overlays | ACS Rep Roof\Trunk Spoilers |MTEC V2 Angel Eyes | 6000k HID Fog Lights | 19" VMR v710 Stag Wheels | Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires | Debadged | LED Courtesy Door Lamps | Sprint Booster V2 | Painted Calipers | M pedals\shift knob | HID License Plate Bulbs | R1 Drilled\Slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brakes| ACS replica front lip |

So I'm riding with one of my client's in his rental this week. This dude has the driving and parking skills of a newborn baby. I'm a control freak when it comes to driving and therefore a terrible passenger. My client is from NYC and apparently doesn't drive much. Today he drove between two lanes for like a mile. He slams on his brakes 50 ft behind the cars in front of him. Today he sat and waited at an intersection for two lights cause he was too nervous to make a left turn (dude - he had plenty of time!!!!) Then when we drove back to our hotel he parked the car diagonal in the parking spot. I'm in the back seat looking out and telling the others, "Um, I don't think the guy next to you is going to be able to back out his space." My other client had to get out and park the car better. I have no idea how he got his license.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by gregoryalee
I go out of my way to find parking spots that will minimize the possibility of door dings. If I can I will go to the back of the lot. So today I had to park in a garage... and after looking for a little while I find a spot that is at the end of the row and is out of the way of traffic including foot traffic (I know it doesn't look that way in the photo. I make sure I don't park where someone could come around and hit my car or scrape up against it with a jacket). So anyway I came back to my car with this A$#@L3 parked so close to me that I couldn't open my door fully (again it looks like there is more room in the picture than there actually was)! I am not exaggerating when I say that there were at least 7 empty spaces to the left side of this picture and TONS of spaces around in general. I took this picture after I thoroughly checked for door dings. If anyone deserves door dings its this guy. Shame on me for not parking my car on the top deck with the pigeons.
It's simple.....
He parked there in that manner because he KNEW the nice BMW would NEVER damage his precious and beloved Dodge!!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Senior Members

I know what you mean though, as I park way away from everybody, even going to the top floor where there are no cars around and come back to find someone has parked next to you leaving the other 300 places vacant!
Old 03-17-2010, 12:40 AM
Members

This seemed to happen to me quite frequently when I had my M3. Tons of empty spots, but they find their way next to me?!

Quick Reply: What is up with people parking lots?