E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What Problems are Fixed w/ Software Upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 07:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I off to the dealership next week and I would like to get as much stuff fixed as possible while there. My car is a May 04 Build 545 that has been problem free. My biggest complaint is that Bluetooth phone reception is not as clear as I desire for the other party. Is a cradle available for Motorola RAZR V3?

Thanks in advance for the input. This is the best BMW Board on the internet.

My son is probably going to get a new e90 330 with sport and manual tranny via Euro Delivery. My wife and daughter are not happy with me. They claim I am being a bad influence on my son.
Old 04-20-2005, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Apr 20 2005, 10:15 AM
I off to the dealership next week and I would like to get as much stuff fixed as possible while there.? My car is a May 04 Build 545 that has been problem free.? My biggest complaint is that Bluetooth phone reception is not as clear as I desire for the other party.? Is a cradle available for Motorola RAZR V3?

Thanks in advance for the input.? This is the best BMW Board on the internet.

My son is probably going to get a new e90 330 with sport and manual tranny via Euro Delivery.? My wife and daughter are not happy with me.? They claim I am being a bad influence on my son.
[snapback]117656[/snapback]
Your voice quality should get better (V15.2 really helped get rid of the echo other callers were hearing). You will also reportedly lose the 5 ring maximum when placing outgoing calls - it will just keep ringing until an answer or voicemail. Can't say about the RAZR cradle - I thought there was a thread with someone purporting it could never have one because of it's design....

And welcome back, haven't seen you in a while (and continue to appreciate your work in the BT arena)!
Old 04-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by pharding' date='Apr 20 2005, 07:15 AM
I off to the dealership next week and I would like to get as much stuff fixed as possible while there.? My car is a May 04 Build 545 that has been problem free.? My biggest complaint is that Bluetooth phone reception is not as clear as I desire for the other party.? Is a cradle available for Motorola RAZR V3?

Thanks in advance for the input.? This is the best BMW Board on the internet.

My son is probably going to get a new e90 330 with sport and manual tranny via Euro Delivery.? My wife and daughter are not happy with me.? They claim I am being a bad influence on my son.
[snapback]117656[/snapback]
Welcome back Paul. Make sure you get CIP 16.2. Lots of goodies in that upgrade. Many supposed to be for Bluetooth. Better NAV, perspective view etc. Mine is in right now for that with a full 10K mile DME recall, oil change and a new set of tires. Hopefully new door seals and new cupholders too.
Old 04-20-2005, 03:31 PM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Steptronic Auto: Silver Grey Metalic / Black Dakota Leather, Navigation System, Premium Sound Pkg, Cold Weather, Rear Electric Sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Satellite Radio (Sirus). Born 12/19/2004, USA arrival 1/14/2005 delivered 1/24/2005

Function Changes CIP 16.2

Modified displays
BMW Contact Revised menu guidance
Navigation System - Expanded menu in arrow view
Touring: Automatic tailgate actuation (M3 I guess)
BMW Radio Professional: Playback of compressed audio files (MP3)
Service requirements: Modified display if service is not performed on time.
Status information is now faded out when the Control Display switched off.
New "perspective view" on map display. (Change map view, facing north, dir of travel or 'perspective' which has clouds in sky 3D display)

Software errors fixed:

Exterior lights flash briefly when vehicle wakes up.
Vehicles equiped with CCC reboot on startup.
Timer was extended on Bluetooth handset. Ring limit fixed.
Audio off or mute is stored.
All 6 CD's can be selected.
Navigation map is displayed after engine is switched off.
PDC tone volume changed.
Automatic headlamps change when vehicle both enters and leaves a tunnel.
Transmission fix - loss of power when decelerating or coming to a stop. N62 vehicles.
Ventilation temperature too cold, fixed.

Looks like no RDS or SMS yet...
Old 04-20-2005, 05:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:09 PM
Welcome back Paul.? Make sure you get CIP 16.2.? Lots of goodies in that upgrade. Many supposed to be for Bluetooth.? Better NAV, perspective view etc.? Mine is in right now for that with a full 10K mile DME recall,? oil change and a new set of tires.? Hopefully new door seals and new cupholders too.
[snapback]117851[/snapback]
I'm dying to know if your new cupholders actually....you know....hold cups?? I've had mine replaced twice now....useless!! But....I've decided to be a pest until they come up with a fix for this!! I'll just keep letting them replace the cupholders until they get it right!!
Old 04-20-2005, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Welcome back Paul. I agree that you should be upgrading to 16.2 and if they won't give you that, you might want to wait a week or so until they can...
Old 04-20-2005, 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:24 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:09 PM']Welcome back Paul.?? Make sure you get CIP 16.2.?? Lots of goodies in that upgrade. Many supposed to be for Bluetooth.? Better NAV, perspective view etc.? Mine is in right now for that with a full 10K mile DME recall,? oil change and a new set of tires.? Hopefully new door seals and new cupholders too.
I'm dying to know if your new cupholders actually....you know....hold cups?? I've had mine replaced twice now....useless!! But....I've decided to be a pest until they come up with a fix for this!! I'll just keep letting them replace the cupholders until they get it right!!
[snapback]117880[/snapback]
[/quote]
Frankly, I am skeptical too. The so called retrofit, where they file down one of the sprung levers did nothing for me. So this time I just asked them to replace them. I hope the later model cars have this problem resolved. If it persists I am going to get them to give me the cup holders, send them to Wolverine and ask him to fix them and send them back to me.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Titanium Gray 550i, with sport, nav, HUD, Logic7, sat radio, cold weather, rear side airbags, rear seat heaters, and it goes like a bat outta hell!

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 20 2005, 11:56 PM
[quote name='kmslo530i' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:24 PM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:09 PM']Welcome back Paul.?? Make sure you get CIP 16.2.?? Lots of goodies in that upgrade. Many supposed to be for Bluetooth.? Better NAV, perspective view etc.? Mine is in right now for that with a full 10K mile DME recall,? oil change and a new set of tires.? Hopefully new door seals and new cupholders too.
[/quote]
Frankly, I am skeptical too. The so called retrofit, where they file down one of the sprung levers did nothing for me. So this time I just asked them to replace them. I hope the later model cars have this problem resolved. If it persists I am going to get them to give me the cup holders, send them to Wolverine and ask him to fix them and send them back to me.
[snapback]117939[/snapback]
[/quote]

Well....if you find someone with the ability to do that.......PLEASE pass that info along.......I don't use the cupholders often, but it would sure be nice to have a wee bit of confidence in them if I did need to use them!! The last time my car was in for service, they had one cupholder in stock that was of the "new design" so they put that one in. It is a little bit better, but not much. It still won't seat a cup or can snugly so it won't tip over or out while a vehicle was in motion.....
Old 04-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 20 2005, 09:56 PM
[quote name='kmslo530i' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:24 PM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:09 PM']Welcome back Paul.?? Make sure you get CIP 16.2.?? Lots of goodies in that upgrade. Many supposed to be for Bluetooth.? Better NAV, perspective view etc.? Mine is in right now for that with a full 10K mile DME recall,? oil change and a new set of tires.? Hopefully new door seals and new cupholders too.
[/quote]
[/quote]

My Cup holders have been fixed! I just swung by the hospital to visit my baby. She is in line to get CIP 16.2, oil has been changed and scope service performed. She will also be getting new rubber shoes. The Dr. took me to her bedside to show me an empty Coke can sitting squarely in the drivers side cupholder. He said he made an adjustment to it. He also said that he broke something on the passenger side holder and so had to replace it. The new cupholder also holds the empty can just fine. Yipee!
Old 04-21-2005, 05:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Apr 21 2005, 04:13 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Apr 20 2005, 09:56 PM'][quote name='kmslo530i' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:24 PM'][quote name='Hormazd' date='Apr 20 2005, 05:09 PM']Welcome back Paul.?? Make sure you get CIP 16.2.?? Lots of goodies in that upgrade. Many supposed to be for Bluetooth.? Better NAV, perspective view etc.? Mine is in right now for that with a full 10K mile DME recall,? oil change and a new set of tires.? Hopefully new door seals and new cupholders too.
[/quote]
[/quote]

My Cup holders have been fixed! I just swung by the hospital to visit my baby. She is in line to get CIP 16.2, oil has been changed and scope service performed. She will also be getting new rubber shoes. The Dr. took me to her bedside to show me an empty Coke can sitting squarely in the drivers side cupholder. He said he made an adjustment to it. He also said that he broke something on the passenger side holder and so had to replace it. The new cupholder also holds the empty can just fine. Yipee!
[snapback]118307[/snapback]
[/quote]

wow.....my faith has been restored.....somewhat!! My car goes back in on Monday for a new moonroof (switch not working properly), new rear seat armrest (my third...go figure), new software, and new cupholders............but.....I'm really not that optimistic they will work.....I'm happy for you though!! lol