E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What kind of praise you ever received on your ride?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm like God when I pull up too my neighborhood nice cars don't come to my neighborhood. A chick wrote on my Benz "i wanna have sex with this car" wife did not like that she was the one that showed it too me too.
Old 07-11-2009, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Sport Package, Titanium Gray II Metallic, Wheel Style 124
Exclamation

Today was typical night i took another hot date to dinner, I happen to find a parking spot in front of the restaurant and there was a line out the door and here i come out of my STOCK e60 to open the door for a hot green eye young lady and now all eyes was on her

In my city and where i associate everyone drives nice cars but when i see a M5 i roll my window down and thumbs up

this was classic I was getting my car wash and this hot babe was talking to her guy friend and she was schooling him on how fast my car is
Old 07-11-2009, 10:13 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in nyc there are bmw's, mb's, lexus, audis and the occasional bentley cruising around so its hard to catch the eye of someone but those who know something about cars will notice a ride with some mods. but being that its nyc, staten island particulairly, every guy thinks hes a tough guy so you dont get many compliments. but i will get a nod or 2 from other e60 and bmw drivers to acknowledge a job well done.

but when they do happen, the best comnpliments are the ones that go unsaid...

1-its the slow roll, the guy is keeping just out of sight, usually stoping at the red light a few feet back so they can look without getting caught. then its the lane change to check the back. followed by the quick acceleration while they pass with no head turning at all. first you'll you catch the head in the side view mirror trying to see the front of the car and eventually the eyes in the rearview mirror so they can try and see what the driver of a real car looks like.

2-this one is simple, as you drive by another dude with his chick in the car and she catches the e60 in her vision. she cant help but double take usually pretending to talk to her man while she stares through him to make eyes at us...priceless
Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pukka' post='938802' date='Jul 10 2009, 04:12 PM
What burbs of Tampa are you referring to? I've seen more 6ers than I can remember down in that area. The valet parking at Channelside is usually loaded with nice rides. Same goes for the International Mall. And there's not too many posh neighborhoods within the city for all of em.

Maybe things have changed since I used to live there
south tampa/hyde park, harbour island, davis island and DOWNTOWN itself (yes, the last two years there has been a condo/apartment boom in the once commercial only downtown). You will find a lot of nice cars. New tampa has a few nice neighborhoods as well. the rest of the tampa burbs is middle class at best. Brandon, riverview, fishhawk, valrico, the majority of the BB Downs USF area are all pretty plain and full of housewives driving '02 suburbans.

Brandon is huge now as causeway is now a 6 lane highway and the Brandon Westfield is now the biggest mall in tampa. It could take me 15 mins to get a mile during afternoon traffic in brandon some days.

One reference to channelside parking... very few nice cars. it is all tourists or suburb couples out on a saturday night. all the nice cars will be at international plaza for blue martini and that steakhouse there. everyone else who "drives nice cars" will be anywhere down hyde park Ave on a fri-sat night. channelside is full of minivans now. the people that can afford to live in channelside, which there is a lot of brand new condos there, walk to channelside. or Aja, which is the new "premier" night club in tampa aside from the venue, but the venue is like pro baller type of club. lambos, ferarris, maseratis. i have heard they sometimes have a $50 cover.

so yes, there is plenty of posh buildings downtown with parking garages FULL of nice cars (element, sky point, channelside towers, grand central, amongst others) then you have all of hyde park to include the buildings all along bayshore. leaving the burbs for anybody who is nobod
Old 07-12-2009, 11:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Black Sapphire

get mostly compliments from girls aside from that the e60 is a dime a dozen here
Old 07-12-2009, 11:33 AM
CCS
Members

My Ride: 2009 535XI

I love this thread haha but i mostly get "you fit in that!?" (Im 6'5") but clearly those people have never been in a 5er because I have plenty of room.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Black/BlacK

" Nice Car" right before the cop finishes handing me the ticket lol
Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i Sport loaded

I just moved here a few months ago, and near as I can tell, it's only me, and a 5black 30xi in town, no other e60s. The locals haven't said anything, but an old friend who lives here and drives a loaded CTS4 says that the locals frown on people with flashy cars, thinking they are "not our kind of people". It's a shame how being semi-successful gets an entire town looking down at you. *sigh*
Old 07-12-2009, 10:07 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 jet black 545i ya...

i get "i wanna ride in the Bimmer" from the chicks I hang out with here at Texas haha
Old 07-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by exx1976' post='940518' date='Jul 13 2009, 02:03 AM
I just moved here a few months ago, and near as I can tell, it's only me, and a 5black 30xi in town, no other e60s. The locals haven't said anything, but an old friend who lives here and drives a loaded CTS4 says that the locals frown on people with flashy cars, thinking they are "not our kind of people". It's a shame how being semi-successful gets an entire town looking down at you. *sigh*
In small town middle america that is called redneck envy my friend. Calling you "not our kind of people" makes it easier for them to deal with the fact they are the assistant manager at target, middle aged, overweight, have 5 kids and can only afford a 1996 ford windstar minivan.

Quick Reply: What kind of praise you ever received on your ride?