E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

What can be edited by software

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d E60

Hi all,

On a previous car, i could change a number of things via the software of the car. In my E60 a few things (lock doors after take-off, lights on during day, set auto transmission to sports mode in default etc) can be done via I-drive.

But how about other things, there must be things the dealer can switch on or off but does not advertise too loudly.

How about settings for the automatic gearbox, navi menu items, shortcuts in the menu's, light intensity for running lights (is that the term for having the lights on during the day), and so on?

The car is going to service in two days (no antislip take-off and no in-corner foolish driver call backs at the moment: fun but prefer to switch it off myself rather than permanently off by failure) but will have to go again in a few weeks so would like to be prepared.

Is there some info available about the updates of the software(s) in the car? I read somewhere that the LED lights are not on any more after the update (in my car they are now but I passed another one today where they were off (or it was an older version)) anything else?

Apreciate your input very much, as I'm coming to grips with my new wheels (will post pics soon)
Old 05-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Senior Members

I was just wondering about the same thing...
Old 05-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i [01/04 build] Titanium Gray Metallic II / Black leather / Poplar Woodgrain / Style 124 Wheels 6SP Manual SP/CWP/PMP/L7 Bluetooth retrofit

Originally Posted by BMDiesel' post='421933' date='May 7 2007, 01:01 PM
Hi all,

On a previous car, i could change a number of things via the software of the car. In my E60 a few things (lock doors after take-off, lights on during day, set auto transmission to sports mode in default etc) can be done via I-drive.

But how about other things, there must be things the dealer can switch on or off but does not advertise too loudly.

How about settings for the automatic gearbox, navi menu items, shortcuts in the menu's, light intensity for running lights (is that the term for having the lights on during the day), and so on?

The car is going to service in two days (no antislip take-off and no in-corner foolish driver call backs at the moment: fun but prefer to switch it off myself rather than permanently off by failure) but will have to go again in a few weeks so would like to be prepared.

Is there some info available about the updates of the software(s) in the car? I read somewhere that the LED lights are not on any more after the update (in my car they are now but I passed another one today where they were off (or it was an older version)) anything else?

Apreciate your input very much, as I'm coming to grips with my new wheels (will post pics soon)
That's the same question that I had here - http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=39752.

I'm still waiting on my service advisor to give me the list that the tech is supposed to provide him with.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d E60

Originally Posted by Jason' post='421958' date='May 7 2007, 09:16 PM
I'm still waiting on my service advisor to give me the list that the tech is supposed to provide him with.
thanks, I'll see what information I can get and post it here.

Are the built in phone systems the same in the US as in Europe (GSM 900/1800 network) if so, how much are the phone adapters (the ones you snap-in instead of the dummy cover) in the US?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i [01/04 build] Titanium Gray Metallic II / Black leather / Poplar Woodgrain / Style 124 Wheels 6SP Manual SP/CWP/PMP/L7 Bluetooth retrofit

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=422230

Updated with the information provided by my SA