E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What attracted you to the E60's styling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 11:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Jet Black 545i

The #1 reason you bought the car was the styling am I correct? That's what got me. Reason I ask is, I seem to be the only person in my age group (late 20's ), in my area, that really appreciates the E60s design (interior and exterior). Speaking only from my friends and observing other E60 owners in my area all w/ blueish white hair...

I've had plenty of Mercedes and the W211 was just too plain for me. I needed something more masculine, more menacing. The E60 was that car. And oh, yes it handles beautifully also.

Question is, would you have bought the E60 if it looked like a Volvo? Me, probably not.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

Also, contrary to some people's opinion, I really like the iDrive. I love the super-wide aspect screen. I'm an HDTV buff and appreciate this kind of stuff! BMW's choice of fonts and graphics are very well done also. Very good tastes.

Only styling that I absolutely dispise is the rear air vent area. They could have made that not look so darn cheap. It looks like it belongs on a Hyundai.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

I also bought my car merely for the styling, in fact I buy all my cars with styling being the major reason. I think most do too, it's a mental attraction for most.

P.S.
love this site, lets all accept one another without insults.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought mine based on the driving dynamics and technology. At first I did not think it all that attractive, but as time goes on it is growing on me. As a whole I think the car is OK looking. When I look at a particular area I really think they've done something cool. I appreciate the subtle but complicated surfaces.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Contributors

^^ agree with noonehome. Also, I bought it as an update over the E39. Not for styling but for the new features and improved driveability over the E39. Styling was secondary, I kind of like it, but now and then miss my old car when I see one on the road. It was just a classic design, that didn't need interpretation.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

Personally, I think the E60 has the best styling of any car in its class. The lines are perfect. It took a while for me to get it, or should I say appreciate it, but once I did, I never looked back. I knew I wanted one before I ever drove it.

As a sidebar, I have been noticing the CLS500 lately. This is a beautiful design. I love this car.

With that said, the E60 flat out drives like a dream. I recently took a 2000 mile round trip in the car. Unbelievable. It was like an extension of my mind and body. It was an amazing experience. The Idrive made the ride. Everything at the tip of my fingers. The navigation is incredible. All in all, the E60 is an amazing engineering accomplishment.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Contributors

Personaly, I just wanted to upgrade my e39. The bodystyle has grown on me though.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:38 PM
Senior Members

Wow surprising results thus far. Didn't realize loyalty goes beneath the skin!
Old 06-28-2005, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

I looked at it as an upgrade from my E39. I wasn't particularly over keen on the looks at first but they really grew on me. Took a 530d for a test drive and was hooked with the speed, ordered there and then. I wanted an auto and sat nav too. I have to be honest though my first E60 never really hit the spot colour/interior wise, it didn't seem to match the price tag, however my new one feels like a million dollars.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 525i, Premium Package, Cold package.

I loved the look!!!!!

Quick Reply: What attracted you to the E60's styling?