E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, my 535 is down for the count yet again....

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:32 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is the original thread that I am sure most of you are tired of seeing, so I started this new one: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=49207

I took a 500 mile round trip over the weekend and the car performed perfectly. However, on my way home from work last night, I get a message that says "Steering malfunction" and to stop driving the car as it may be unsafe. I take it to the dealership where I leased the car at about 8pm last night. They gave me a 335Xi loaner. I get a call this morning and the service guy tells me that there are 7 lines that go into the AFS control module and one of the lines is cross-threaded and all of the fluid leaked out. Unfortunately, my dealership will not repair it (without cost to me) since they did not do the repair work, so the car must be towed back to the collision center. My nightmare continues!!!!
Old 05-08-2008, 06:41 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

sorry to hear...hope things get resolved, COMPLETELY...
Old 05-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Damn, I thought that after the car was fixed the warranty still covered all the parts. Oh well I hope you get to hold on to the 335 until your car is fixed.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by slickrick' post='576627' date='May 8 2008, 12:09 PM
Damn, I thought that after the car was fixed the warranty still covered all the parts. Oh well I hope you get to hold on to the 335 until your car is fixed.

It is covered, but since DeSimone (the dealership that I leased my car) did not do the repairs since (because are not a BMW authorized repair center for the E60) then they will not fix it under warranty. So, the collision center, who did the repairs, is picking the car up today and the repairs will be done under warranty. I have to drop off the 335Xi (DeSimone's loaner) and picking up a new X5 loaner (from the dealership assoc with the collision center). The only bright spot is that I got to drive the 335. It was auto transmission so not a fair comparison to my 535 with manual, but I am so glad that I did not get the 335 over the 535. The 3 just lacks the comfort and feel of the 5 IMO. Now, I get to test out a brand new X5. (Obviously, I am trying to look at the bright side and stay positive about this while mess)
Old 05-08-2008, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535xi / Platinum Grey / Black leather / Step Auto / Sport / Premium / Cold weather / 18" wheels / Logic 7 / Comfort / ipod / Navigation / Fold Down Rear Seats / Rear Airbags / Sirius SAT / Spoiler / Extended Clear bra / Bluetooth. (Previously owned a 2002 sport 525I Loaded). On order: 535xi Platnium Grey with Black interior, Step Auto, Sports package, Premium package, Cold weather package, 18" wheels, Logic 7, Comfort access, ipod adapt, Navigation, Sat radio, Rear spoiler, Extended Clear coat bra.

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='576635' date='May 8 2008, 01:15 PM
It is covered, but since DeSimone (the dealership that I leased my car) did not do the repairs since (because are not a BMW authorized repair center for the E60) then they will not fix it under warranty. So, the collision center, who did the repairs, is picking the car up today and the repairs will be done under warranty. I have to drop off the 335Xi (DeSimone's loaner) and picking up a new X5 loaner (from the dealership assoc with the collision center). The only bright spot is that I got to drive the 335. It was auto transmission so not a fair comparison to my 535 with manual, but I am so glad that I did not get the 335 over the 535. The 3 just lacks the comfort and feel of the 5 IMO. Now, I get to test out a brand new X5. (Obviously, I am trying to look at the bright side and stay positive about this while mess)

Good for you. I had problems with my car from inception and it was a tuff battle. But ultimately I prevailed and was able to order a new car after BMW bought my car back. I feel your pain, good luck and hang in there.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Sorry to read about this jmsod,

I'm old school, driving with new school tech car.

Once a new E60 is spoiled, it will never be fully recovered.