E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A weekend Fling

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 06:18 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, the business nav shows roundabouts as circles with arrows and gives distance countdown to the next event i.e. it will count down the number of yards until you are on the correct exit road from the roundabout. It displays the current road number/street name that you are on and gives a constantly updated ETA at your destination. It also has things like hotels, train stations, airports and points of interest stored in the memory that you can call up. You can have voice instruction or simply turn this feature off if you want. The voice commands talk over your hi-fi which is pretty good. I have found the system to be very accurate thus far. The only issue is that if you are driving quite fast you can be passed a turn point before the voice instruction catches up

You are missing out on the bluetooth front as this is a very good option. It even has voice activation that lets you dial number by verbal command. The only outstanding issue is that BMW still don't have the recharging cradle available for the Nokia 6310i which is poor. Does anyone know when this option will be available in the UK?
Old 02-02-2004, 06:39 AM
Members

Sorry about the late reply 520i this week!

I've got the business SatNav (the professional version wasn't available @ purchase). Like ISUK said, it's been pretty accurate, and i've had no problems going to places I've never been to - in fact, me & my wife no longer worry about getting anywhere, we key it in, and start driving (it even works out an estimated time of arrival for you)

Still not sure on the bluetooth option. My sony ericcson HBH60 headset seems pretty good value compared to what's been charged for the option on the e60 (it's as low as ?70+ on expansys.com). I tried the parrot bluedrive for a while - but had alot of problems with the reception on the other end!

As for adaptive xenons - I have them myself, but so far, I've not been overtly impressed.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Senior Members

Does the business nav support TMC (central European system?) ?

-paasan
Old 02-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Senior Members

No, only the professional nav.
Old 02-02-2004, 08:49 AM
Senior Members

Whoops.. hehe. Seems I didn't read the brochure properly - or has there been made some changes?

The brochure (Norwegian) states that the BMW Business navigation system supports TMC - there's also a picture of the display with the TMC symbol shown..

-paasan
Old 02-02-2004, 08:51 AM
Senior Members

There seem to be so many regional variations in spec, that you could well be right. In the UK only the professional nav supports TMC, but as TMC is a very regionalised feature anyway, there are bound to be differences.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:30 AM
520i this week!

browellm are you sure about that??

BMW525UK, ISUK: the specs I've seen all state that the BusNav works with TMC for dynamic re-routing... what say ye?

cheers for the info, btw
Old 02-02-2004, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

I get TMC messages on my Business Nav.
Old 02-02-2004, 11:31 AM
520i this week!

Cheers - that was what I was expecting -and hoping- to hear.

A couple more days, of course, and I would have known for myself.

btw- the Driveblue lighter Bluetooth setup is, at ?100, a killer investment for those who couldn't do the built-in...

gee. I wonder if the mic is prewired for bt in the e60... and if so is it possible to splice into it somewhere.. .. now that would be nice.
Old 02-02-2004, 12:00 PM
Senior Members

So much to think about - i love it!

I'm warming to the idea of business sat nav - as mentioned I think that this will become de-rigour. BTW - how the hell do you turn the volume up of the lovely sat nav voice - couldn't suss it over the weekend.

been at my dealer today - good news, trade in value of the M3 is slightly greater than minimum payment, so may have a bit more for extras.

whilst there i notice an m spoiler optional extra for the e60 - anyone seen this - i certainly haven't seen any pictures - don't want something looking naff!

my dealer also bought up the point of cringing depreciation - no real logic for me here except that I figure what's the point of sweating your balls off if you can't splash out on a little something!

Thanks for all your feedback - it's very reassuring to get feedback before taking the plunge with the order.

Quick Reply: A weekend Fling