E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

the way E60 was meant to be

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:49 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i xDrive

I'm in the process of getting to the correct harness on a US LCI E60. The plastic clip holders behind the fuse assembly do not look like the images posted in the updated page 42 or 43 of this thread. I believe the correct harness is on the far lower left.

I flashed the ECU with the Cobb Stage 1 and will report once the sport mod is working.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:25 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW Alpina B5 -05

Hey.

Were can i find the pins that goes in the DSC block if i want to make myself a cable?

I saw someone in this thread used the faf-cable?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:26 AM
New Members

Are those pins 0,75mm or 0,5mm?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:49 AM
New Members

My Ride: 520D 2008 E60

Originally Posted by F-Tar
Are those pins 0,75mm or 0,5mm?
Hi... If you refer to page 42 within this thread, "Cockers" has done it with a pin size of 0.1".

I've created the exact same cable from the same supplier but hasn't install it yet to confirm myself.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:01 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by ah_heng
Hi... If you refer to page 42 within this thread, "Cockers" has done it with a pin size of 0.1".

I've created the exact same cable from the same supplier but hasn't install it yet to confirm myself.
Okay, so 0,1mm it is.. Feels small tho. Maybe i'll find myself an old stereo with the blocks still attached to it, and just slide em pins out and lenghten them with some other cable.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:06 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E70 X5M
Model Year: 2011

I did this over weekend, and no difference on 2010 528i with Auto trany wit D/S, my car is US model.

What I learned from this is:

1. There's no way to tell if this mod will work on your car - you have to try it.

2. To prove point "1" I made a spreadsheet (link) of the cars forum users listed in this thread, if you look at the list you'll get that really no one can tell if will work on your car.

3. This mod is probably the easiest that you can do. At least on LCI models. It takes about 15 minutes to get wires tapped and try.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by alexbaldy
I did this over weekend, and no difference on 2010 528i with Auto trany wit D/S, my car is US model.

1. There's no way to tell if this mod will work on your car - you have to try it.
2. To prove point "1" I made a spreadsheet (link) of the cars forum users listed in this thread, if you look at the list you'll get that really no one can tell if will work on your car.

3. This mod is probably the easiest that you can do. At least on LCI models. It takes about 15 minutes to get wires tapped and try.
I just did this last night and it made a huge difference in a 2008 535i w/sport package. It is extremely easy to give this a try. The only thing that needs to be removed is the connector from the module.

I used an old motherboard header cable I had laying around and pulled the connectors out of the connector housing. The connectors are the same pin size. They don't stay put in the module connector housing very well but well enough that the circuit works. A dab of hot glue would keep things sorted.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by alexbaldy

Bravo my friend.. Bravo!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:33 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by travisbickle
I just did this last night and it made a huge difference in a 2008 535i w/sport package. It is extremely easy to give this a try. The only thing that needs to be removed is the connector from the module.

I used an old motherboard header cable I had laying around and pulled the connectors out of the connector housing. The connectors are the same pin size. They don't stay put in the module connector housing very well but well enough that the circuit works. A dab of hot glue would keep things sorted.
Hi There...

Someone told me on the other post that to remove the "black adapter" you just have to press the top part of it and it should pop right out. Is it that simple?

I'll be trying to do this again (3rd try) and see if it can be done. Mine looks exactly like what you have there in the pic..

Thanks...
Old 06-12-2013, 09:47 AM
New Members

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by ah_heng
Hi There...

Someone told me on the other post that to remove the "black adapter" you just have to press the top part of it and it should pop right out. Is it that simple?

I'll be trying to do this again (3rd try) and see if it can be done. Mine looks exactly like what you have there in the pic..

Thanks...
Looking at the connector in the photo, depress the plastic tab lock that looks vaguely like an "E" and slide the connector locking lever to right. This will disengage the connector from the module. You should be able to maneuver the cable out towards the front. Once you've done that you'll need to remove the sub connector from the connector housing. Then you'll be able to insert the new pins.

Quick Reply: the way E60 was meant to be