E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Warning: Version 14/software updates

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 12:39 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Dec 2 2004, 07:35 AM
In my case, alohalc, I don't have to invent anything. The iDrive screen shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, ad nauseum, all the way from Florida to Texas last night. I put my cap in front of the screen but really needed a custom piece of cardboard which I didn't dally to do. No NAV lady, no radio, no nuttin'!
[snapback]63456[/snapback]
ok, i'll give it a try next time when i'm in the dealer .

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='Dec 2 2004, 09:07 AM
My 525 was upgrade to 13.2 (from original 11.x) over the weekend. So far I've noticed few things:

1. RDS can be switched "ON" or "OFF" manually.
2. When RDS is "ON" the names of songs are not displayed anymore.
3. AC settings (A/A or manually adjusted) have disappeared from iDrive display.
4. Cannot set options for BMW Assist.
5. Adaptive Xenons are more responsive.

As per my service adviser version 15 should be out before holidays.
[snapback]63494[/snapback]
13.2 ? are you sure ? i thought 14 is already out or at least 13.3. i had 13.2 almost two months ago .
Old 12-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Dec 2 2004, 02:25 PM
[quote name='Serge007' date='Dec 2 2004, 07:07 PM']2. When RDS is "ON" the names of songs are not displayed anymore.
The song names - is this CD-Text? (This thread is doing the rounds elsewhere...)

I haven't noticed a change in the adaptive Xenon's myself - the active steering was affected!
[snapback]63506[/snapback]
[/quote]

Before 13.2 update my audio system (FM Radio mode) used to display following: "Station Name" - "Performer/Band Name" - "Song Title". Now it only displays "Performer/Band Name".
Old 12-02-2004, 01:30 PM
Senior Members

UK dealers seem to s'ck big time. They should learn some customer service skills after the fact of the sale.
Old 12-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Dec 2 2004, 04:39 PM
[quote name='JDN' date='Dec 2 2004, 07:35 AM']In my case, alohalc, I don't have to invent anything. The iDrive screen shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, ad nauseum, all the way from Florida to Texas last night. I put my cap in front of the screen but really needed a custom piece of cardboard which I didn't dally to do. No NAV lady, no radio, no nuttin'!
ok, i'll give it a try next time when i'm in the dealer .

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='Dec 2 2004, 09:07 AM
My 525 was upgrade to 13.2 (from original 11.x) over the weekend. So far I've noticed few things:

1. RDS can be switched "ON" or "OFF" manually.
2. When RDS is "ON" the names of songs are not displayed anymore.
3. AC settings (A/A or manually adjusted) have disappeared from iDrive display.
4. Cannot set options for BMW Assist.

13.2 ? are you sure ? i thought 14 is already out or at least 13.3. i had 13.2 almost two months ago .
[snapback]63562[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm sure. Actually I talked with my service adviser just an hour ago, and hi did confirm that 13.2 was installed. I'm going back to the dealer this Saturday for minor hood adjustment, so I asked him to prepare a list with futures and description that came with 13.2. As far as "3. AC settings (A/A or manually adjusted) have disappeared from iDrive display." he said that it's expected.
I also told him that I would want to see exact changes to the s/w before they install it next time. I think that BMW owners should have a right to customize their options, i.e. keep existing radio controls, but upgrade climate control. Just a thought.
Old 12-02-2004, 02:19 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='Dec 2 2004, 12:40 PM
I'm sure. Actually I talked with my service adviser just an hour ago, and hi did confirm that 13.2 was installed. I'm going back to the dealer this Saturday for minor hood adjustment, so I asked him to prepare a list with futures and description that came with 13.2. As far as "3. AC settings (A/A or manually adjusted) have disappeared from iDrive display." he said that it's expected.?
I also told him that I would want to see exact changes to the s/w before they install it next time. I think that BMW owners should have a right to customize their options, i.e. keep existing radio controls, but upgrade climate control. Just a thought.
[snapback]63634[/snapback]
hood adjustment ? what's wrong with your hood ?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Dec 2 2004, 06:35 PM
In my case, alohalc, I don't have to invent anything. The iDrive screen shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, shows the BMW opening for five seconds, goes blank for ten seconds, ad nauseum, all the way from Florida to Texas last night. I put my cap in front of the screen but really needed a custom piece of cardboard which I didn't dally to do. No NAV lady, no radio, no nuttin'!

Did you tried to stop and park the car for ten-fifteen minutes and then start again? Sometimes that solves problems like that!?

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='Dec 2 2004, 08:07 PM
Correct. Will be at hthe European dealers probably next week. US, probably a week later...

Originally Posted by colejl' date='Dec 2 2004, 08:25 PM
The song names - is this CD-Text?? (This thread is doing the rounds elsewhere...)
[snapback]63506[/snapback]
Yep. CD text... Only with nav pro!
Old 12-03-2004, 05:12 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Dec 2 2004, 06:19 PM
[quote name='Serge007' date='Dec 2 2004, 12:40 PM']I'm sure. Actually I talked with my service adviser just an hour ago, and hi did confirm that 13.2 was installed. I'm going back to the dealer this Saturday for minor hood adjustment, so I asked him to prepare a list with futures and description that came with 13.2. As far as "3. AC settings (A/A or manually adjusted) have disappeared from iDrive display." he said that it's expected.?
[snapback]63634[/snapback]
hood adjustment ? what's wrong with your hood ?
[snapback]63652[/snapback]
[/quote]

The driver side latch would not lock, unless I slam the hood pretty hard. I think I had that problem since day one, just did not care that much. Now it irritates the crap out of me. I love the car, but little bit upset with number of problems I already had with it. Get this, I looked in the trunk last night and discovered that trunk mat (standard) is gone! I just picked up my car from the dealer this Monday, so someone was doing something in the trunk? Why? I only had it there for hood adjustment and s/w update.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:48 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='Dec 3 2004, 04:12 AM
The driver side latch would not lock, unless I slam the hood pretty hard. I think I had that problem since day one, just did not care that much. Now it irritates the crap out of me. I love the car, but little bit upset with number of problems I already had with it. Get this, I looked in the trunk last night and discovered that trunk mat (standard) is gone! I just picked up my car from the dealer this Monday, so someone was doing something in the trunk? Why? I only had it there for hood adjustment and s/w update.
[snapback]63930[/snapback]
the mat is gone ? you need to talk to them right away. the longer you wait, the smaller the chance they'll get it back to you.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

I upgraded from 12.2 to 13 and none of my settings got deleted or did the address book. Weird.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Lucky you!
Usually even the driver profiles get deleted - so the tranny has to learn your driving style again.

Quick Reply: Warning: Version 14/software updates