E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The wait is finally over!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 06:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Carbon Black 550i w/Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Natural Brown Leather, NAV, Active Steering, Cold-Weather Package, Logic 7, iPod/USB Adapter. Build completed Sep , 2007.

Originally Posted by delje08' post='496124' date='Nov 18 2007, 07:26 PM
Great looking car.

I take my car to Weatherford in Berkeley, SA is great there (Brian).
Thanks!

Actually, now that you've mentioned it, I did bring my 328 there once for brake service (before they were covered under warranty). As far as I can remember great service and also the best price.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:19 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i, 6spd mtx, Monaco Blue w/Beige interior. Sport, Preimum, Logic 7/HD/I-Pod/USB, Nav sys, rear sunshade, HUD, PDC, Split seats,

Originally Posted by igord' post='496016' date='Nov 18 2007, 12:55 PM
Actually they were my closest dealer as well (I used to live right above the westlake high school).

I think it is the fact that they are in the "nice" area gives them an idea that people don't care how much they spend. I think it is the opposite, but what do I know...

When I was there I ended up getting mine from Steve Thomas.

I concur...they do seem that have that attitude as do many of the other merchants in WestLake Village. That's why I generally don't shop in the area.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '04 Jet Black Once upon a time it had chrome wheels... 'til i joined this forum :)

Originally Posted by igord' post='495319' date='Nov 16 2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you! Actually the exhaust is stock.

Also, as far as Peter Pan, I had the opposite experience with them. I take both my cars there for service, most of the time they get things right! There were a couple of times when I was in and the service adviser was less than pleasant, but she really knew a lot about the cars/bulletins/etc.

(WARNING, long rant) If you want my "mini" dealer review, please read on, otherwise please ignore:

Over the past 10 years I've been to several dealers (mostly because I move around) and here are some brief experiences with them......
Wow! Thanks for the informative review! I've been to two bay area dealers (Peter Pan and Eastbay), and out of the two, Eastbay had the more courteous SA's and better service. Plus, Eastbay will provide loaners no matter how long (or how short) your car is in. Peter Pan, to my knowledge, on the other hand, does not. Their SA told me they only give loaners if they know for sure the car will stay overnight. I guess the bottom line is it depends on your SA. If you get a good one, they will treat you right and you should keep going back to the same one.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

Good looking pics Congrats and enjoy
Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Carbon Black 550i w/Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, Natural Brown Leather, NAV, Active Steering, Cold-Weather Package, Logic 7, iPod/USB Adapter. Build completed Sep , 2007.

Originally Posted by lokoloko' post='497262' date='Nov 21 2007, 11:44 AM
Wow! Thanks for the informative review! I've been to two bay area dealers (Peter Pan and Eastbay), and out of the two, Eastbay had the more courteous SA's and better service. Plus, Eastbay will provide loaners no matter how long (or how short) your car is in. Peter Pan, to my knowledge, on the other hand, does not. Their SA told me they only give loaners if they know for sure the car will stay overnight. I guess the bottom line is it depends on your SA. If you get a good one, they will treat you right and you should keep going back to the same one.
The only time I've been to Eastbay was to get the brakes changed, at that time this wasn't covered under warranty. No loaner was given. However at the time I worked downtown SF so they gave me a ride to and from bart, which worked out better/cheaper/faster anyway (on the way back I just called them from the train, the car was waiting at the station to pick me up by the time I arrived).

With Peter Pan, you're right, by "default" they don't, unless it is scheduled maintenance or the car is not drivable (I think this is bmwna policy, as far as reimbursing the dealers). But if you know that whatever it is they're doing will take all day you can always talk with the service manager, however most of the time this is a pain in the butt.

Some dealers have asked me (when I was asking for a loaner) if I'd gotten the car from them stating that their (dealer) policy was to always give loaners to people getting the car from that dealer. I wonder, now that I've gotten this car from Peter Pan, if they'll treat me any differently (since repairs I'm planing on going in for are not "critical").

I think the last SA I worked with was Mike (I'd have to double-check the paperwork), I'm going to try and ask for him by name.

igord
Old 11-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Mr 5er' post='497266' date='Nov 21 2007, 11:51 AM
Good looking pics Congrats and enjoy
thank you very much!

P.S. 100 miles left 'till the end of break-in , can't wait