E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

voice control retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The voice control is part of the pro nav. If you want it, you have to order nav pro.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:58 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 525dA silver gray - NAV Pro - PDC - Bluetooth - black leather -

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 3 2005, 12:51 AM
The voice control is part of the pro nav. If you want it, you have to order nav pro.
[snapback]86199[/snapback]
And pay extra...?
Old 02-02-2005, 11:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Yes I had to pay for it (245 euros). But in the dutch brochure it said wasn't an option or standard feature with pro nav. Reason for BMW NL was the fact that we couldnt speak good enough german or english.

I've got it now and it works perfectly with my school german.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:01 AM
Members

My Ride: [b]535d Touring (MY 2005)[/b] [i]High Executive[/i]: Black Sapphire exterior with beige dakota leather interior, Steptronic transmission, servotronic, sportssuspension, sport steering wheel, styling 124 18" wheels with runflats, alarm class 5, electric panaroma roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, comfort seats, heated seats, PDC, Bi-Xenon lights, Adaptive corner lights, extended lightning package, Nav Professional, HUD, bluetooth phone (sony/ericsson), Logic7, 6CD changer.

Thanks for the pricing info. Looks like BMW NL is trying to earn some extra buck. My German speaking is not that great but my english will do. So I'll try to get that installed.

Bit of a lame excuse if you ask me for not adding voice rec. by default when they say the Dutch (or our Belgium neigbours) don't speak German or English good enough...
Old 02-03-2005, 12:26 AM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, vanlobe !
Old 02-03-2005, 02:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Nice car you got there Doctor!

I find it lame too. But it's such a great option. Worth the money imo
Old 02-03-2005, 03:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Welcome to the forum doctor and vanlobe!

We get the cars here thru BMW Belguim and have same specifications.
The trick is that Voice control is a part of Nav Prof in Germany but we have to order and pay additionally for Voice control though the price of Nav Prof is approx same here as in Germany. So when I ordered the car in 2003 (at that time Nav Pro and Voice control were not operative) I paid for each of them and later they retrofitted them free of charge.
Same trick seems they are going to do with Radio Prof starting from March. They will only have Radio Business in Nav Pro and you will have to pay for Radio Prof extra.

From our meeting in Germany I understand that similar specifications are in NL.
For example we can't get garage door opener when ordering the car. BTW I have got explanation from my sales person why.... They are sure only about German produced
openning systems and can't guarantee that the one installed abroad wud match the
specifications of the car's.
Old 02-03-2005, 04:22 AM
Guest_vanlobe_*

Originally Posted by igor' date='Feb 3 2005, 07:35 AM
Welcome to the forum doctor and vanlobe!

We get the cars here thru BMW Belguim and have same specifications.
The trick is that? Voice control is a part of Nav Prof in Germany but we have to order and pay additionally for Voice control though the price of Nav Prof is approx same? here as in Germany. So when I ordered the car in 2003 (at that time Nav Pro and Voice control were not operative) I paid for each of them and later they retrofitted them free of charge.
Same trick seems they are going to do with Radio Prof starting from March. They will only have Radio Business in Nav Pro and you will have to pay for Radio Prof extra.?

From our meeting in Germany I understand that similar specifications are in NL.
For example we can't get garage door? opener when ordering the car. BTW I have got explanation from my sales person why.... They are sure only about German produced
openning systems and can't guarantee that the one installed abroad wud match the
specifications of the car's.
[snapback]86356[/snapback]
thanks for the explanation!
Old 02-03-2005, 04:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Feb 3 2005, 09:48 AM
. Reason for BMW NL was the fact that we couldnt speak good enough german or english.

[snapback]86334[/snapback]
Excuse me bitte?
Old 02-03-2005, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, vanlobe !