E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

voice control retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 02:11 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='Dec 1 2004, 03:04 AM
Hi

There was confusion within BMW I think, i that the 5 series brochures they produced originally had voice control included in Prof Nav (609) option.

They then added Extended Voice Control, made it a separate option then forced you to either have TV function and/or Prof Nav included in your order.

[snapback]62704[/snapback]
That's correct , Hobi.
Old 01-31-2005, 03:02 PM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='Nov 25 2004, 03:27 PM
Hi

The retrofit kit Professional NAV (Option Code S609A) includes the Voice Control Input system.

[snapback]60651[/snapback]
I have Pro Nav. and no voice control. First they said that I had to have the voice control if I wanted the Pro Nav. But I managed to get rid of it and saved 500?. Here were I live we have to pay monthly tax for car. A lot of extras = lots of tax... Mine 530d Touring is around 1250? a month... Even though I'vepaid 68000? for it... But still, there is places were it's much worse...
Old 01-31-2005, 11:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have had voicerecognition installed last week and it works perfect!
Old 02-01-2005, 02:00 AM
Members

My Ride: [b]535d Touring (MY 2005)[/b] [i]High Executive[/i]: Black Sapphire exterior with beige dakota leather interior, Steptronic transmission, servotronic, sportssuspension, sport steering wheel, styling 124 18" wheels with runflats, alarm class 5, electric panaroma roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, comfort seats, heated seats, PDC, Bi-Xenon lights, Adaptive corner lights, extended lightning package, Nav Professional, HUD, bluetooth phone (sony/ericsson), Logic7, 6CD changer.

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Feb 1 2005, 10:49 AM
[snapback]85473[/snapback]
I'm a new member to this forum but have been following it quite a while and got my own 5 since january 5, 05... Had the same issue, no voice recognition at delivery although I've got nav. prof and bluetooth too. Since I'm from the Netherlands too I will inform with my dealer if they can get it to work with my car also.

Any of the (Dutch) members know when I-drive will be in Dutch with Nav. Prof (currently only with Nav. Business.) and if voice recognition will also be available in Dutch with this upgrade? Or maybe this is too much to ask from BMW
Old 02-01-2005, 02:33 AM
Benny

Originally Posted by doctor' date='Feb 1 2005, 06:00 AM
[quote name='530E60NL' date='Feb 1 2005, 10:49 AM']I have had voicerecognition installed last week and it works perfect!
I'm a new member to this forum but have been following it quite a while and got my own 5 since january 5, 05... Had the same issue, no voice recognition at delivery although I've got nav. prof and bluetooth too. Since I'm from the Netherlands too I will inform with my dealer if they can get it to work with my car also.

Any of the (Dutch) members know when I-drive will be in Dutch with Nav. Prof (currently only with Nav. Business.) and if voice recognition will also be available in Dutch with this upgrade? Or maybe this is too much to ask from BMW
[snapback]85483[/snapback]
[/quote]

My dealer in Belgium told me I will be available before summer...wathever that means. He said it will be a change free of charge.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Welcome aboard, doctor !
Old 02-01-2005, 03:29 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, doctor !
Old 02-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by doctor' date='Feb 1 2005, 05:00 AM
[snapback]85483[/snapback]
It is too much to ask for I am afraid.

My car was completely updated to the latest software version and I still have English nav and no possibility to choose dutch. Dealer told me that it isn't a software thing but a hardware thing. Voicerecognition is in German wich works perfectly for me. English should be possible too (one of our Swedish members changed his voicerecognition from German to English at his dealer).

I also got the bill for the install yesterday. Total including the partnumber and labour it was 245 euros..
Old 02-02-2005, 12:41 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 525dA silver gray - NAV Pro - PDC - Bluetooth - black leather -

I don't know why my voice control isn't working at all!

I have the Nav Pro option and I've just checked both the Belgian and German marketing magazines and they both mention that voice control is INCLUDED with the Nav Pro option.

My dealer claims it isn't.

Who can tell me what is the correct situation for Belgium.
Old 02-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 525dA silver gray - NAV Pro - PDC - Bluetooth - black leather -

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Feb 1 2005, 10:49 AM

Dit it cost you?

Quick Reply: voice control retrofit