E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Voice command system covered by CPO?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:42 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My voice command system does not work and my car still has CPO warranty. I was wondering if this is covered under CPO?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I a word? NOPE!!!! CPO covers drivetrain only, nothing else. Sorry, I found out the hard way when I was told my TCU had a malfunction and needed replacing :thumbsdown: (for $1400)
Old 08-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Senior Members

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: E60 530i

???? I had a CPO vehicle and it covered the clutch fan and all four window regulators. It just does not cover wear and tear items as far as I know. I bought it as a CPO from a private seller and the CPO was fully tranferable to me. Of course I did have to pay a $50 deductible everytime i took the car in, but that's why i just went in at one time for several issues once they accumulated. INCLUDING the damn check engine light that came on because of the gas-cap. and because my thermostat wouldn't go below 59 degrees celcius. LOL. I was a newbie back then.

But it looks like you're out of luck. That's BS about the stereo deal..

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...y/Default.aspx

Covered:

Engine
Automatic/Manual Transmission
Front Suspension
Rear Suspension
Steering
Brakes
ABS Brake System
Electrical
Air Conditioning/Heating System
Cooling System
Interior/Exterior
Fuel System
Final Drive Assembly, Propeller Shaft

Not Covered:

Upkeep Items
Maintenance; engine, transmission, and body adjustments; wheel alignment, balancing or rotation; wiper blade inserts; engine drive belts; spark plugs; filters; fuses; all batteries; all hoses and clamps (except air conditioning and power steering); oils, lubricants, fluids, refrigerants and coolants (except as required in the course of a covered repair); brake pads and rotors; brake shoes and drums; manual transmission clutch assemblies; suspension dampers (shock absorbers/strut elements); exhaust systems; tires.

Wear and Tear
All wear and tear items as defined in The Certified Pre-Owned BMW Protection Plan Consumer Information Statement (including all suspension parts and components).

Body and Interior
Paint; glass; headlamps; bulbs (except instrumentation); mirrors; lenses; body and chassis; body seals and gaskets; interior and exterior trim, moldings, and fasteners; upholstery, headliner, carpeting, floor and trunk mats; convertible top (all components except electronics); air or water leaks; wind or body noises; wheels; damage due to rust, corrosion, or contamination, except as covered by the BMW New Vehicle Rust and Corrosion Perforation Warranty.

Accessories
Radio/cassette player, telephone, navigation system, CD changer, or any components of those systems; non-original equipment parts, components or accessories.