E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Very rough idle in the mornings

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 E61 535xiT Black on Black

Originally Posted by 2004BMW545i
Is that the only thing they replaced and did it resolve the problem?
They replaced the HPFP, the coils, plugs and I believe the injectors. I don't have the receipt in front of me - I could be mistaken about the injectors but I am certain about the other items. Everything runs fine...... for now. I'm still haveing Comfort Access problems and my driver side angel eye bulb(s) blew. I found an SIB that mandates replacement of standard bulbs with long life bulbs in both headlight housings. My roll-up cover (E61 touring) in the cargo area is also acting up. Jesus - what will I do when the warranty runs out? I purchased an extended warranty, so I'm good until 2015 (or 100k miles), but still... what after that? There always seems to be some glitch or another with this thing.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BW535xiT
They replaced the HPFP, the coils, plugs and I believe the injectors. I don't have the receipt in front of me - I could be mistaken about the injectors but I am certain about the other items. Everything runs fine...... for now. I'm still haveing Comfort Access problems and my driver side angel eye bulb(s) blew. I found an SIB that mandates replacement of standard bulbs with long life bulbs in both headlight housings. My roll-up cover (E61 touring) in the cargo area is also acting up. Jesus - what will I do when the warranty runs out? I purchased an extended warranty, so I'm good until 2015 (or 100k miles), but still... what after that? There always seems to be some glitch or another with this thing.
I know how you feel. The problems you have had with your car are quite similar to my 2008 535 xi. I also experienced a rough idle and/or prolonged crank only in the morning - it was he HPFP failing. They probably also reprogrammed the car - the good news is that this HPFP and reprogram seems to be holding up. The SIB is correct however, the dealer will only replace one bulb at a time. It was annoying for me too. I am hoping once all of these glitches are done the car will be okay. Ironically, my wife bought an E-class that only had a couple of problems in the first year and has been bullet proof since then. Kind of makes me second guess my BMW purchase.