E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Venture Shield vs. Expel

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 09:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Performance Center Delivery May 19, 2006: 2007 BMW 550i, Black Saphire, Beige Interior with Poplar Wood, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Comfort Access, Navigation, Power Shades, SMG, M Aero Package, Rear Heating,

Looking for oppinions on Venture Shield vs. Expel clear bra products. I am leaning towards Venture shield because I am told it does not yellow like the Expel product. I was actualy shown an application where the Expel product showed a yellowish color. It was 2 years old.
Old 05-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Venture and X-Pel are design cuts. They are not makers of the clear bra (film) itself. 3M, Avery, Llumar and other companies make the film. So saying X-Pel yellows is not a correct statment.

So far I've seen X-Pel offers one of the best coverage design. Right now their cuts are one whole piece instead of sections and go from edge to edge for better protection. Benefits of one peice is you'll see less seams and edges where it'll collcet dust and turn black if you do not take care of it. So X-Pel design minimizes that.

As for yellowing msot companies have improved their film and arent suppose to yellow. 3M was the only company that had a clear coat applied onto their film making the finish just like your car paint... so you can wax and was it as you normally would your car.

All films are UV protectant now but what makes the film yellow are contaminants in the air. The Urethane film have pours in them so it breathes... and if you dont keep the film clean and let dirt and dust and mud settle on it for a long time it will comtaminate the film turning it yellow. Its not really the sunlight that makes the film turn yellow.

So as for choice. I recommend X-Pel design cuts along with 3M film. thats one of the best combinations you can get. Get a good instller and you'll be fine.