E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vandalised !

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 02:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

just been to local supermarket. got back to my nice shiney E60 to discover some young &#%$ers have thrown an egg at high speed onto one of the rear panels.

now i've got a two nice chips in the paint work and a lot of little chips in a circle pattern radiating out of the point of impact to a diameter of about 3 cm. luckily the panel does not appear to be dented. just washed the car off.

can any UK member recommend anyone in hampshire area that could repair it ? is this a "chips-away" job or bodyshop ?

what are these young &#%$ers thinking, god i wish i'd have seen/caught them.

rant over
Old 08-16-2004, 02:24 PM
Senior Members

W@nkers
Old 08-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I feel with you...
Old 08-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Senior Members

come live in singapore....they cane vandals here!
Old 08-16-2004, 04:38 PM
Senior Members

go live in Florida USA where all the old people generally tend to live

thank god its not like that here in Jersey (touch wood)

well i hope you get it fixed because it hurts to get it dented or have the paint chip off on a brand new car

Good Luck
Old 08-16-2004, 09:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Maybe they can buff it out with some polish? I hope things get sorted for you. Vandalisme sucks big time!
Old 08-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by totoseow' date='Aug 16 2004, 06:27 PM
come live in singapore....they cane vandals here!
someone correct me if i'm wrong..but protection of personal property in Texas is something that allows shooting an individual over..... i'm not a flamer..i've lived in Waco for a year.. during HS.................................
Old 08-17-2004, 02:50 AM
Senior Members

update,

car is being repaired on friday by a company called "chipsaway". as the damage is very superficial they said they can do an invisible repair. they do actually use spray paint but very localised on the chips themselves, have to take car to their shop though as they want todo the repair inside and need the car for the day.

hopefully the result will be good. slightly nervous that maybe i should go for a panel respray but spoken to a few of their customers and they say their work is very good.

i guess the damage is only light so should be fine, no dents etc just quite a few small pin head size chips in a circle pattern over a 3cm area.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have some scratches on the doors of our smart too from people slaming their doors into the car (no dings, just scratches).

Does anybody know a business in the netherlands that does the same as chipsaway????

TIA
Old 08-17-2004, 04:36 AM
Members

Smile

I don't know what people think when they're doing that..
I had las year a water mellon on my car landing from nowhere while I was driving with 140 km/h. I almost ended in a tree...

Quick Reply: Vandalised !