E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V16.3 Navigation "perspective" bug ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

When I start my car if navigation is in perspective mode, the map has sometimes problems to redrawn properly. (i.e. no streets but just large areas without any detail). as soon as mode is set in "direction north" of "driving direction" map is redrawn okay.

or could this being caused by an improperly burned DVD ?
Old 05-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by mhoutman' date='May 18 2005, 07:53 AM
When I start my car if navigation is in perspective mode, the map has sometimes problems to redrawn properly. (i.e. no streets but just large areas without any detail). as soon as mode is set in "direction north" of "driving direction" map is redrawn okay.

or could this being caused by an improperly burned DVD ??
[snapback]130135[/snapback]
I have the same problem. I just think the perspective view requires more processing to render the display, hence the delay. I cannot verify that it is not due to a burn't DVD because I have one too and no access to the original. Now that I know I am not the only one I can rule out the burnt DVD factor.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I'll watch for this on my new 16.2 and original NA 2005-2 to see if I can replicate problem. Not evident in the one day I have had so far.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='May 18 2005, 10:42 AM
I'll watch for this on my new 16.2 and original NA 2005-2 to see if I can replicate problem.? Not evident in the one day I have had so far.
[snapback]130204[/snapback]
Thanks, I'm curious.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mhoutman' date='May 18 2005, 03:53 PM

or could this being caused by an improperly burned DVD ??
[snapback]130135[/snapback]
I've had a similar problem - and my software is all legit. As I was driving, it appeared (through nav) as though I was in a field. At one point, it turned 180 degrees, as though looking for somewhere to go...and I was driving in a straight line
I pressed menu and stated again - all present and correct
Old 05-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: MY 2004 545i Touring, High Executive Line, Comfort Line II, Vision Line II (Dutch specced Packages), Color: Oxford Green. Interior: Black/Black leather. Trim: Dark Popular wood. Gear: Steptronic 6-speed Other options not incuded in above packages: M-Sport aero kit, sports suspension, heated steering wheel, rear side-airbags, front screen with green upper part, panorama roof, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels with Dunlop RFT's, HiFi Pro/LOGIC7, alarm class 3, heated seats rear and voice recognition. Waiting for february delivery of 325i Touring and 130i

so hereby we have another 16.3 bug confirmed
Old 05-18-2005, 12:37 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i Space Gray

i have the same problem....on start up....it's blank...no data...streets etc....ever since the software upgrade/ability to have perspective view.....small price to pay since it's just a minor delay......same delay in general "boot up" ever since the upgrade......i gauge the time by how long it takes to see the main screen as i'm backing out of the driveway....kinda of nerve racking at first....but then i took a step back....what's the hurry that i need that screen on the SECOND i begin motion anyway....i kinda just taught myself not to even use the screen for a delay of a minute or two......that way it's ready when i am....
Old 05-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by nappyjack' date='May 18 2005, 10:37 PM
i have the same problem....on start up....it's blank...no data...streets etc....ever since the software upgrade/ability to have perspective view.....small price to pay since it's just a minor delay......same delay in general "boot up" ever since the upgrade......i gauge the time by how long it takes to see the main screen as i'm backing out of the driveway....kinda of nerve racking at first....but then i took a step back....what's the hurry that i need that screen on the SECOND i begin motion anyway....i kinda just taught myself not to even use the screen for a delay of a minute or two......that way it's ready when i am....
[snapback]130280[/snapback]

yo, this is relaxing
Old 05-19-2005, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Dealer just called me to inform me about the status of my software update (perspective finally!!!!) .

This morning they recieved a new software version (don't know if it is 17.0 he couldn't tell me). They first had to load that on their update computer and now my car is connected and it will take the rest of the day and maybe tonight to finish it.. So he's gonna call me tomorrow and hopefully I'll have the newest version then!
Old 05-19-2005, 08:59 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='May 19 2005, 03:29 PM
Dealer just called me to inform me about the status of my software update (perspective finally!!!!) .

This morning they recieved a new software version (don't know if it is 17.0 he couldn't tell me). They first had to load that on their update computer and now my car is connected and it will take the rest of the day and maybe tonight to finish it.. So he's gonna call me tomorrow and hopefully I'll have the newest version then!
[snapback]130591[/snapback]

he dude, if you have 17. with dutch menu's and navi voice I steal it out of your car