E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

v. 24.0 to v. 25.xx On My 550i

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got my car back yesterday after being re-programmed with v. 25.0 (from v. 24.). The advertised changes to the I-Drive screens are there as well as the upgraded options for POI's in the NAV function. The new version has fixed the CD run-on problem. I also had issues with occassional dropped Bluetooth connections and with air conditioning not coming on when the car was started (one time) that this version is supposed to correct as well. Hopefully true, but time will tell.

It may be too soon to tell but I haven't seen any significant difference yet in the I-Drive boot or response time, the Bluetooth connection time, the RTTI information boot up time, etc.

It certainly doesn't appear like any bugs were introduced as the car still drives great and all functionality is there. The technician wrote down my radio/sat pre-sets and manually entered them after the upgrade but I lost all my NAV address book saved locations. My car was on the computer for over 8 hours. No charge for the upgrade because of the bluetooth, A/C and CD run-on issues.

Overall a great service call at Global Imports in Atlanta. They handled a couple of other issues (rattle from seat belt latch and HUD level display adjustment) flawlessly. I got a '07 328i as a loaner.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stanatl' post='425127' date='May 16 2007, 12:08 PM
Just got my car back yesterday after being re-programmed with v. 25.0 (from v. 24.). The advertised changes to the I-Drive screens are there as well as the upgraded options for POI's in the NAV function. The new version has fixed the CD run-on problem. I also had issues with occassional dropped Bluetooth connections and with air conditioning not coming on when the car was started (one time) that this version is supposed to correct as well. Hopefully true, but time will tell.

It may be too soon to tell but I haven't seen any significant difference yet in the I-Drive boot or response time, the Bluetooth connection time, the RTTI information boot up time, etc.

It certainly doesn't appear like any bugs were introduced as the car still drives great and all functionality is there. The technician wrote down my radio/sat pre-sets and manually entered them after the upgrade but I lost all my NAV address book saved locations. My car was on the computer for over 8 hours. No charge for the upgrade because of the bluetooth, A/C and CD run-on issues.

Overall a great service call at Global Imports in Atlanta. They handled a couple of other issues (rattle from seat belt latch and HUD level display adjustment) flawlessly. I got a '07 328i as a loaner.
True conserning the CD run-on & POI
I did notice a slight decrease in the iDrive boot time, but not responce which remains slugish (compared to Mercedes COMMAND) & Audi (MMI).