E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

USB iPod doesn't charge?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 02:37 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2013 550i M Sport 6MT Alpine White, 2013 X5 50i M Sport Alpine White

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I have an 08 535 LCI and have this 6fl cord. All songs load within seconds and there has to be at least 20g of music, so if you are using the right cord you should be loaded before you get out of your driveway. The problem I ran into was my Touch and iPhone would not charge, but played music just fine. My iPod nano would charged with no problems. I found an adaptor that you can get through your dealer that incorporates a power recepticle . My next problem was that I only had the USB and AUX in the armrest so I had to add a power recpt. Now the new ipod adaptor plugs into the USB, AUX and power recept and then then the 6fl plugs into this new adaptor and everything works perfect. You can search under my name and there is a dealer fix attached with a part number to order from your dealer. I think it was like $79.00. If you have all three in your armrest usb, aux and pwr recpt. you should have no problems, otherwise you might need to add the power. There is a rear seat heat DIY that shows hor to remove the rear panel and was a huge help with my install.
Thanks for the advice! I will ask my dealer if I can get one of these cords, but I'm 99% sure they will want to charge me for it, unfortunately. If we have the same nav, I wonder why yours loads songs so much faster. It always take my nav at least a minute before my phone's bluetooth, etc. connects, and the iPod playlist takes at least 5 minutes, so I've only used it once.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

that cord comes for free/standard if your e60 came with the 6fl/USB option from the factory
Old 02-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Senior Members

Hey does anyone know if its safe to leave the ipod charging while the car is off?....My connection actually charges the ipod even when the car is off, could this drain my battery?
Old 02-24-2011, 04:03 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
that cord comes for free/standard if your e60 came with the 6fl/USB option from the factory
I know it's 'supposed' to be free, but my dealer has not helped me in the past... I asked for the valet key, first aid kit, and flashlight several times, but the dealer said I would have to pay for any of these items even though I never got them when I bought the car new.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535i

Originally Posted by Fleainat
I know it's 'supposed' to be free, but my dealer has not helped me in the past... I asked for the valet key, first aid kit, and flashlight several times, but the dealer said I would have to pay for any of these items even though I never got them when I bought the car new.
You can get them cheap on amazon.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

that's terrible...what dealership are you dealing with, I see your location is LA
Old 02-25-2011, 02:01 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Yeah, that SUX, the cable that should have came with the car is not as costly as the adaptor that I mentioned. I was also thinking those items you mentioned should have been included in your car purchase... If your experience is like mine, most of the SA's I came across were not helpful. Make sure you hit them on a critque and escalate your complaint to the SM or even the mgt Dir of the dealer. Sometimes you just come across lazy people!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
that's terrible...what dealership are you dealing with, I see your location is LA
Center BMW is where I bought the car. The sales mgr was really nice when I was buying the car, and then the second I wrote the check, there was no help from anyone. Sadly, this is by far the best service I've had at a BMW dealer. Santa Monica is the worst (no loaner cars). Bev Hills is okay because they at least occasionally offer Enterprise cars. Overall, BMW customer service is worlds behind Lexus, so I cringe every time I have to go to the dealer.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Center BMW is where I bought the car. The sales mgr was really nice when I was buying the car, and then the second I wrote the check, there was no help from anyone. Sadly, this is by far the best service I've had at a BMW dealer. Santa Monica is the worst (no loaner cars). Bev Hills is okay because they at least occasionally offer Enterprise cars. Overall, BMW customer service is worlds behind Lexus, so I cringe every time I have to go to the dealer.
that's unfortunate...I use Center BMW for service, even leased my current bmw from them....good news is, you can get a 6fl cord from amazon for pretty cheap....