E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

US car in Europe?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 09:51 PM
Icy
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spec33' date='Jul 6 2004, 04:02 PM
They sell these on EBAY for $10.00 still in the case. I got mine free from the dealer. www.Ebay.de
Looked last night on Ebay.de and saw that there were indeed a couple of DVD 2004-2 versions out there. But, the one closest to ending was for 80 euros (with another day or so to go) and the remaining ones still had 3-6 days to go.

Guess I'll keep trying until I get lucky.

Thanks.

Also, just out of curiousity, would the CD versions work? I seem to remember someone reporting problems with using CDs in the DVD drive.

BTW, I also noticed there are BUS and PRO versions of the DVD. I would need the PRO version, right?
Old 07-08-2004, 04:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, titanium gray, gray interior, NAV, adaptive headlights, window screens, folddown rear seats, PDC

This thread started out as to all in Europe with US spec cars. I'm in Heidelberg. Have a 530i, tit silver, no sport, xenons, premium, PDC. Jan 04 build, Mar delivery. Just got voice connected. Works great. also using copied DVD nav disk. No problems yet. Short plates because was told by PCS, long plates would not work with PDC. Accepted that as truth. didn't check but do wish I had the EUR version of plates. Enjoy reading the problems encountered with US spec cars in Europe. Believe most of us are connected with the US.Gov't.Mil. Hope to get out of here by Xmas. Not worried about bluetooth or handy connection until I get to CONUS. Then I'll see what BMW has figured out. I may be screwed and have to et the $1500 CPT 9000. take care
Old 07-08-2004, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Icy' date='Jul 8 2004, 07:51 AM
BTW, I also noticed there are BUS and PRO versions of the DVD. I would need the PRO version, right?
If your car is US spec, yes - nav pro.

If not... Take a look at your idrive screen. Is it smaller (the width) than the window ? Then you have bus nav. If not it's pro nav. Also, nav pro has the voice command feature and the split screen, and most important, a map display. On bus nav you can only display the arrows.

If you have nav pro, you need the DVD for nav pro... And on bus nav you need the DVD for bus nav. I assume it doesn't work any other than that.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:40 AM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by cwoarmy' date='Jul 8 2004, 06:16 AM
I'm in Heidelberg. Have a 530i, tit silver, no sport, xenons, premium, PDC. Jan 04 build, Mar delivery.
Chief,

Welcome to the best forum available for your E60!

I know a couple of CWO's over there. (I've sent you a private message.)

Would like to see some pics of your car.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:44 AM
Icy
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Jul 8 2004, 06:17 AM
If your car is US spec, yes - nav pro.

If not... Take a look at your idrive screen. Is it smaller (the width) than the window ? Then you have bus nav. If not it's pro nav. Also, nav pro has the voice command feature and the split screen, and most important, a map display. On bus nav you can only display the arrows.

If you have nav pro, you need the DVD for nav pro... And on bus nav you need the DVD for bus nav. I assume it doesn't work any other than that.
Iceman,

Thanks. That's what I thought but a friend of mine told me he had a DVD that said "BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL" on the label.

Kind of confusing because I though it was one or the other. Does this mean that it would work in both?

BTW, mine is US spec/NAV PRO.
Old 07-08-2004, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Icy' date='Jul 8 2004, 03:44 PM
That's what I thought but a friend of mine told me he had a DVD that said "BUSINESS PROFESSIONAL" on the label.

Kind of confusing because I though it was one or the other. Does this mean that it would work in both?

BTW, mine is US spec/NAV PRO.
You're right, this IS confusing...
I don't think it's possible to burn both infos on one - or maybe I was assuming wrong and you can use the pro disc on bus too, but without the ability to display the map...!??
I thought you have a US spec car, since if you would have ordered a non US spec car you would have had to choose between bus and pro - then you would have known the difference and what you have. So, by asking this question it was an easy guess that your car is US spec
Old 07-08-2004, 07:58 AM
Contributors

The CD version will not work in the E60. My dealer tried and failed. Also it does depend on what disc your get if you have Bus or Pro as well.

If you need a back up of the DVD let me know.

Welcome CWOArmy. You will find some good info in here.

I just removed my warbing stickers. Nail polish removs it very quickly.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:30 AM
Contributors

Question for you guys. When you are using Nav are you able to use the Dynamic route option? When I go to the options there is a line in the place of where Dynamic route should be located. Any help would be great. Dynamic route is the option to be rerouted around traffic jams and car accidents.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kigerka' date='Jul 11 2004, 11:30 AM
Question for you guys. When you are using Nav are you able to use the Dynamic route option? When I go to the options there is a line in the place of where Dynamic route should be located. Any help would be great. Dynamic route is the option to be rerouted around traffic jams and car accidents.
I can activate it, but I haven't used it so far.
It's clickable, though.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:36 AM
Contributors

I am curious if you need BMW assist activated. I do not want to activate it yet becaues I am not sure if I really need it here in Germany. I have seen traffic jams and accidents but nothing like in the states. The people over here know how to react and have traffic flowing in no time at all.

Quick Reply: US car in Europe?