E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Urgent Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

OK, I have ordered my car with Satellite radio, but the order sheet that my dealer has does not have satellite radio on it. He showed me the document according to the build, and it didn't have satellite, but he had it on my order sheet and tells me it will get added once it arrives to the dealership. For the US 2006 525, there is no sat prep on the website, and he tells me that they come standard with prep now and they are installed once the car gets there because Germany doesn't even have Sirius, so the factory doesn't have the modules.

Is he blowing smoke my way or is he telling the truth. For those that have Sirius, do you know if the factory just put in the prep and the dealer installed it when it got there?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Aj
Old 05-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Being a bit on the cynical side, sounds like your dealer is trying to make a little money for himself by doing the install instead of the factory. That or they screwed up the order and will do it when the car comes in. I have not heard of BMW stopping the factory install, in fact if you do a search here, I recall some recent threads talking about a nationwide backorder on the Sirius units, causing delays in the installs.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:02 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

I'm as skeptical as anybody when it comes to the info you get from dealers, but I actually think this may be true. Just like before Bluetooth, when you ordered the cell phone option, it didn't show up on the dealer's order report, nor the window sticker, since it was a dealer installed option, due to country specific phones.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:12 PM
Contributors

Maybe so, but there are people here who have ordered and received their cars w/ factory installed Sirius. Recently! But who knows, maybe there has been some change. I know when I ordered my car w/ the Sat prep, it appeared on every order form and the window sticker. Frankly I think the messed up the order and will get it corrected by doing the install once the car arrives. Not a big deal frankly, as long as the price is the same as the factory option that was ordered and there is no delay because of a parts shortage...
Old 05-12-2005, 01:16 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='May 12 2005, 02:12 PM
Maybe so, but there are people here who have ordered and received their cars w/ factory installed Sirius. Recently!? But who knows, maybe there has been some change.? I know when I ordered my car w/ the Sat prep, it appeared on every order form and the window sticker.? Frankly I think the messed up the order and will get it corrected by doing the install once the car arrives.? Not a big deal frankly, as long as the price is the same as the factory option that was ordered and there is no delay because of a parts shortage...
[snapback]127712[/snapback]
You could be right. My 545i has sat prep and it was on all the paperwork. Back in '00 when I ordered my 740i, I ordered the cell phone, but that wasn't on anything but the sales contract since it was a dealer installed option.

One way to find out (perhaps!) is to call BMWUSA and see what they say...
Old 05-12-2005, 01:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i Jet Black/Black Leather AUTO Sport Package Cold Weather Package Navigation Logic 7 Audio Satellite Radio Fold Down Rear Seats

Mine Came prepped and the dealer installed it and charged me what ever the cost is for it on the website I cant remember
Old 05-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Contributors

The dealer sound correct to me - shocker!!! I think the factory has only done the prep, not the actual unit install. I have the sat. radio, came prepped from the factory and dealer installed - Sirius Receiver ($350) & a couple hours labor.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Contributors

OK, maybe they've changed, but it used to be a factory installed option, not just Sat Prep and then do it at the dealer. Since it is exclusively a North American thing, maybe they have just told the dealers to handle it...
Old 05-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Contributors

I picked up my 545 2 weeks ago with Sat radio. As far as I know it was a factory install. I picked up the car the day after it arrived from the VPC. I don't think the dealer could have installed it and updated the software so quickly. Also my SA said nothing about them needing to do the install. He only said they needed to clean and prep it for delivery.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:32 PM
Contributors

kscarrol:
Did your car come with the sat. radio from the factory? Our cars are very similar, mine is a 09-03 build date. Mine just came with the prep. Just curious.

Quick Reply: Urgent Help!!!