E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Update on winshield replacement on 08 550i

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by trboda6' post='461093' date='Aug 21 2007, 07:21 PM
little bit off topic... but how is the HUD windshield different??? i have HUD in my car and the glass dosent look any different than my previous e60 w/out HUD.. can some 1 clariffy>>
I realize that others have answered this but if you're looking for more details, take a look at our FAQ thread about the HUD:
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...ost&p=29657
Old 08-26-2007, 06:36 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lee1224' post='460713' date='Aug 20 2007, 10:36 PM
Hi All, glad to see that many of you are getting your new 550 w/SAT. I am still waiting again...... About 4 weeks ago as many of you know, i took delivery of my new 08 550w/SAT. On the way home, crack my windshield due to road construction. Anyways i am having the worst of luck getting winshield replaced. First it was on back order, when finally got the windshield from supplier to dealer, it was damaged in transit. Today dealer called and said "you are not going to believe this, we got your new windshield and its damaged again".....hmmmmmmm. All this time car is sitting at dealership for about three weeks. I live about 1 1/2 hour away from dealer. So the first time glass didn;t show up, they said in a couple of day, so i left car there. When it didn't show up again, dealer said a few more days.... so the B.S. kept coming. Finally manager of dealership came back from vacation today, i called him and complained. I bought a new car 4 weeks ago, i drove less than one week, rest of time sitting at dealership. He was surprised about this situation. Anyways, gonna drive the 85 miles tomorrow to see if there are any "other problems" with my car. I hope they are not buying time because they some how damaged my car, that would suck. I don't think that is the situation, i have bought 4 bimmers from this dealer. Anyways, here is what the manager is trying to do for me because of this mess. He is trying to get BMW to pay mine first monthly payment. If he succeeds, I will feel a little better toward them. Opinions???? Is this fair enough on what they are trying to compensate me. I know no matter what, i wish i had my car for the last 3 weeks.
Sound reasonable, and, you are driving a loaner all this time?
Old 08-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, X6 Hybrid . Alpine White , every option. 20" Conti' NON runflats,OEM trunk spoiler , LUX V3 AE's , HP Thunder Fogs , custom front bumper reflector delete........

I had my first month loan payment covered by the dealer as well as a free tire and wheel insurance plan( reatail $700 ), The car died the second day I had it and they held it for 2 weeks to reprogram everything . Also was given a new 4.8 X5 to drive. Suffice it to say I was, and am ,very happy with my dealer.
Good Luck and Cheers
Old 08-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport SAT 2012 535i Xdrive msport 2007 550i Sport w/SMG (gone) 2000 528i (gone) 1991 535i (gone)

Originally Posted by Casper' post='462671' date='Aug 26 2007, 10:36 AM
Sound reasonable, and, you are driving a loaner all this time?

No, no loaner. They never offered until i started complaining about the third week. Service advisor asked me "do you need a car to drive because yours is stuck here with us" I politely replied "I have another car to drive, thank you, I just would like my new car back!!" Todate, still no windshield. Last communication with them was last Friday when they told me that they should have windshield. Called dealer manager and guess what, they had two other windshield come in that day, but not mine. He then told me that may have been a good thing. The two that came in were damaged again. He said mine should be here tomorrow, Monday the 27th. I told them " what ever ". At this point I am insisting that someone pays my first payment. he is working on it with BMW. It will be 5 weeks this tuesday since i ordered that part. BMW is gonna love me when they survey me after service. In the past since my first BMW, a 1991 535 I always received decent service. This one ranks up there. I realize that it may not be dealer's fault, but someone has to put up with me. : )
Old 08-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='462691' date='Aug 26 2007, 09:14 AM
I had my first month loan payment covered by the dealer as well as a free tire and wheel insurance plan( reatail $700 ), The car died the second day I had it and they held it for 2 weeks to reprogram everything . Also was given a new 4.8 X5 to drive. Suffice it to say I was, and am ,very happy with my dealer.
Good Luck and Cheers

Wow thats excellent thats what I call service.

Hope your windshield finally comes in lee1224. 5 weeks!!!! they could have gotten one from Germany!
Old 08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lee1224' post='462720' date='Aug 26 2007, 10:08 AM
No, no loaner. They never offered until i started complaining about the third week. Service advisor asked me "do you need a car to drive because yours is stuck here with us" I politely replied "I have another car to drive, thank you, I just would like my new car back!!" Todate, still no windshield. Last communication with them was last Friday when they told me that they should have windshield. Called dealer manager and guess what, they had two other windshield come in that day, but not mine. He then told me that may have been a good thing. The two that came in were damaged again. He said mine should be here tomorrow, Monday the 27th. I told them " what ever ". At this point I am insisting that someone pays my first payment. he is working on it with BMW. It will be 5 weeks this tuesday since i ordered that part. BMW is gonna love me when they survey me after service. In the past since my first BMW, a 1991 535 I always received decent service. This one ranks up there. I realize that it may not be dealer's fault, but someone has to put up with me. : )
This one smells really badly!!! First of all why your dealer keep on using a courier that damaged 3 times in a row the windshields and Secondly why your windshield was not in the last delivery even though it was supposed to be.

I was at my dealer the other day and asked out of curiocity if they have any windshields in stock. They had two. If your doesn't arrive on Monday may be you should start calling other dealers in your area to see what's going on and if they have a windshield in stock.

Also, have you asked to see your car to see there isn't anything else damaged and using the windshield as an excuse to keep your car in the shop till is fixed? Long shot but may be worth looking into this after waiting for 5 weeks.

Good luck
Old 08-26-2007, 11:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i sport SAT 2012 535i Xdrive msport 2007 550i Sport w/SMG (gone) 2000 528i (gone) 1991 535i (gone)

Originally Posted by E60M5E60' post='462787' date='Aug 26 2007, 06:14 PM
This one smells really badly!!! First of all why your dealer keep on using a courier that damaged 3 times in a row the windshields and Secondly why your windshield was not in the last delivery even though it was supposed to be.

I was at my dealer the other day and asked out of curiocity if they have any windshields in stock. They had two. If your doesn't arrive on Monday may be you should start calling other dealers in your area to see what's going on and if they have a windshield in stock.

Also, have you asked to see your car to see there isn't anything else damaged and using the windshield as an excuse to keep your car in the shop till is fixed? Long shot but may be worth looking into this after waiting for 5 weeks.

Good luck
Perhaps I will mention that to them if they still don't have it by Monday. Oh by the way, they told me that the 08 550 uses a complete different glass than the 07. So they say supply is limited. Does the BS flag go up? I went to see my car last Tuesday because like you said, it "smells". I had the same thought about any other problem. The car looked OK, only the crack in glass got a lot longer, probably due to the heat. If the glass doesn't come in tomorrow or is "damaged again", I think its time to call the district or general office that handles my area.

Thanks for all your support, still has fingers crossed
Old 08-27-2007, 03:25 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lee1224' post='462906' date='Aug 26 2007, 11:57 PM
Perhaps I will mention that to them if they still don't have it by Monday. Oh by the way, they told me that the 08 550 uses a complete different glass than the 07. So they say supply is limited. Does the BS flag go up? I went to see my car last Tuesday because like you said, it "smells". I had the same thought about any other problem. The car looked OK, only the crack in glass got a lot longer, probably due to the heat. If the glass doesn't come in tomorrow or is "damaged again", I think its time to call the district or general office that handles my area.

Thanks for all your support, still has fingers crossed
I have no way to know if the 08 550 uses a different windshield. Perhaps someone in this forum with access to the latest TIS can verify the part numbers are different.
In any case I wish you everything goes well and you have your car back today.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60M5E60' post='462937' date='Aug 27 2007, 07:25 AM
I have no way to know if the 08 550 uses a different windshield. Perhaps someone in this forum with access to the latest TIS can verify the part numbers are different.
In any case I wish you everything goes well and you have your car back today.

I couldn't be that lucky. Just spoke to service advisor...again no windshield. He says will call me back later, trying to track where glass is. I told them perhaps i should supply a windshield to them, many members here have told me that their dealer has one in stock. Heck, maybe i will even pick it up and drop it off to them. I couldn't screw it up any worse than they have. A great way to start a week....Some one give me a break.