E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Unlocking with Remote

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, sport package, dynamic package, performance package...

Has anyone encountered a rattling noise from their car when unlocking with the remote?

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by cobra77' post='233114' date='Feb 1 2006, 01:58 PM
Has anyone encountered a rattling noise from their car when unlocking with the remote?

Thanks.
Hi Cobra77: U may have to be more specific. Where do you hear the noise coming from inside/outside, front, rear, etc.

Are you sure you are not hearing the steering wheel go up when you unlock? (in your previous post you indicated a problem with the steering wheel rattle)
Old 02-01-2006, 11:23 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, sport package, dynamic package, performance package...

It is coming from the front of the car, could be in the engine compartment and it is when I'm unlocking the car from the outside with the remote. The rattling sound when unlocking is a different sound than that of the steering wheel. The steering wheel goes up when I take the key out and then goes back down to my setting when I start up the car again.

Originally Posted by JStraw' post='233119

Thanks.
Hi Cobra77: U may have to be more specific. Where do you hear the noise coming from inside/outside, front, rear, etc.

Are you sure you are not hearing the steering wheel go up when you unlock? (in your previous post you indicated a problem with the steering wheel rattle)
[/quote]

It is coming from the front of the car, could be in the engine compartment and it is when I'm unlocking the car from the outside with the remote. The rattling sound when unlocking is a different sound than that of the steering wheel. The steering wheel goes up when I take the key out and then goes back down to my setting when I start up the car again - which is when the sterring wheel rattle occures.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Hmm, sounds strange (i bet that's what you are saying too). Probably worth taking to a dealer to have it checked.

sorry, I can't be much help. Maybe other might have an idea about your problem.
Old 02-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

I have that! Not all the time, but at least once a day it does that. Rattling sound comes from the front of hte car, sounds like from the front bumper, driver's side. It also sounds like a relay that is not working properly and engages several times back and forth. i would definitely check it with the dealer next time.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

I think everybody has that. Last week I verified my oil, with the cold engine. So went to open the hood, without engine started. When I opened it, there was a clear sound in engine compartment, not a rattle more like an electrical bzzzzz...

I think our E60, prepare something in the engine when opening it with the key, until you start the engine...
Old 02-01-2006, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

I think a software update fixes that. It was in one of the service bulletins...
Old 02-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

I think I have CIP 19.x as I have MP3, but still have that. Can you dig the respective service bulletin?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The following software errors were corrected with the release of CIP 18.00 (Target data Status E060-05-06-510).

The steering wheel intermittently moves into an incorrect position.

A rattling noise is heard from the steering when the vehicle is unlocked or the ignition is turned on. Only vehicles with AFS (Active Front Steering) are affected.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:22 PM
Senior Members

Thanks Iceman. I have AFS but no rattling. It seems I was talking about something different than the original poster. I have an electrical bzzzzz in engine compartment, after unlocking the car.

Quick Reply: Unlocking with Remote