E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Umnitza Body Kit for 2005 545i pre-lci

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
Umnitza M5 Rep REAR BUMPER SAG is no joke! I bought the whole m5kit from umnitza and it is totally garbage. From the front bumper to side skirts and rear bumper.

Front bumper - Cheap quality material. God forbid any car backs up on your front bumper, it will crack. (Got the front bumper replaced by TRINITY now)

Side Skirts - There is a small quater inch space and it doesnt mold on to the body like it suppose to.

Rear Bumper - SAG!!!!!!!! Not only does it sag, but the right side of the sag is unevenly bent.

John & Tim @ umnitza said they would replace the front bumper if I purchase it at their cost price of $250.00 LOL.

Stay away from purchasing any products from these guys. If you are going to get M5 Reps either get them from TRINITY or from the stealership. Trust me you will be spending alot more on reps ( + Pain & Labor ) over the course of time.

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
NOW THATS ONE SAGGY LOOKING ASS

P.S. Sorry for thread jacking. Those Quads look like it sticks out too much. But if it works for you then I am happy you like them.

Ahem, the proof is in the results. For the Mstyle reps, nothing beats Trinity
Old 06-17-2010, 01:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525xi

wow very serious post i do love it when vendors compete tho it sure lowers the price that we pay.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

Seriously? Both vendors order from the same factory, but only Umnitza gets all the defected ones?
Old 06-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

just get a diffuser n cover it up XD
Old 06-17-2010, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by peter griffin
Seriously? Both vendors order from the same factory, but only Umnitza gets all the defected ones?

Old 06-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

anyone know any site or vendors that sell diffusers that fit the rear rep m5 bumper?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:01 PM
Members

pjinca,

I don't know why you are so upset especially since you have never bought anything from them. Maybe you are what they call a forum troll.

I have ordered two kits from Umnitza and everything was fine. The reason I ordered from them was the bottom line cost to my door. Greyhound shipping is cheaper and I had no issues picking up the parts. As far as quality? Yes, the quality of the aftermarket parts is not the same as OEM, but the price is a lot less too. From what I have researched, the parts are fabricated somewhere in Asia (China or Taiwan can't remember now) and both companies, Umnitza and Trinity, get them from the same distributor. My body shop guy explained to me that the polyurethane bumpers very from lot to lot. Each lot depends on what raw material was used at the time of production. Most companies outside of America and Europe don't really follow any kind of manufacturing standards, therefore, there is always a slight variation between parts. Maybe this is what some members have seen.

I hope my opinion helps some readers who are probably completely confused by all allegations in this post.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:09 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by StasGS4
pjinca,

I don't know why you are so upset especially since you have never bought anything from them. Maybe you are what they call a forum troll.

I have ordered two kits from Umnitza and everything was fine. The reason I ordered from them was the bottom line cost to my door. Greyhound shipping is cheaper and I had no issues picking up the parts. As far as quality? Yes, the quality of the aftermarket parts is not the same as OEM, but the price is a lot less too. From what I have researched, the parts are fabricated somewhere in Asia (China or Taiwan can't remember now) and both companies, Umnitza and Trinity, get them from the same distributor. My body shop guy explained to me that the polyurethane bumpers very from lot to lot. Each lot depends on what raw material was used at the time of production. Most companies outside of America and Europe don't really follow any kind of manufacturing standards, therefore, there is always a slight variation between parts. Maybe this is what some members have seen.

I hope my opinion helps some readers who are probably completely confused by all allegations in this post.

There are a few reasons I would NEVER buy from him. First, he sent me a series of PM's bad mouthing Trinity, Acute and anyone else who competes with him basically (or did you not see the post where I offered to put his PM's in the public?).

Second, his sales practices are deceptive at best - or am I the only one who remembers the 24 sale on AE's at new years that somehow keeps popping up because he posts to it, if it was a 24 hr sale why does the thread reappear 6 months later?

thirdly, yes, the vendors I mentioned are local to me and they are friends to me, so yes I will help them out when I can - besides they DO take great care of their customers.

So be a little more careful and learn the facts before you call someone a troll, as you can see form my last post here: I am not the only one that thinks he's an ass
Old 06-17-2010, 07:23 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
There are a few reasons I would NEVER buy from him. First, he sent me a series of PM's bad mouthing Trinity, Acute and anyone else who competes with him basically (or did you not see the post where I offered to put his PM's in the public?).

Second, his sales practices are deceptive at best - or am I the only one who remembers the 24 sale on AE's at new years that somehow keeps popping up because he posts to it, if it was a 24 hr sale why does the thread reappear 6 months later?

thirdly, yes, the vendors I mentioned are local to me and they are friends to me, so yes I will help them out when I can - besides they DO take great care of their customers.

So be a little more careful and learn the facts before you call someone a troll, as you can see form my last post here: I am not the only one that thinks he's an ass

Well, I can only speak from my personal experience, which unfortunately you don't have. If I need something next time I will contact Trinity once again just like I did last time. If their price will be higher than Umnitza, my business will go to Umnitza just like it did last time. If I get burned, then I will consider the more expansive alternative. This is what drives the competitive market.

Do you have stock options in Trinity?
Old 06-17-2010, 07:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by StasGS4
Well, I can only speak from my personal experience, which unfortunately you don't have. If I need something next time I will contact Trinity once again just like I did last time. If their price will be higher than Umnitza, my business will go to Umnitza just like it did last time. If I get burned, then I will consider the more expansive alternative. This is what drives the competitive market.

Do you have stock options in Trinity?

LOL nope, they aren't publicly traded yet - although if they ever are I'm sure some member here will arrange the IPO
Joe, Weezy and Michael are friends, that's all, if you were local I'd invite you for a beer with us

Quick Reply: Umnitza Body Kit for 2005 545i pre-lci