E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Umnitza Body Kit for 2005 545i pre-lci

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 10:32 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by umnitza
Because when something fits well, the body shop did a great job and the product is great.
When something fits poorly, how can the product be bad if it's the same product, it must be the work of the shop. Since they are the same kits.

These are empirical facts.
So you're saying you have never had an issue with your fitment? You sure you want to stick to that? You sure?
As for customer service, do you want member 08white to chime in?
Old 06-08-2010, 10:37 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Wow, didn't know it would come to this. I love having the choice to choose where I buy. All I see is two vendors fighting for my business. I love it. It's what lowers prices for customers and enthusiasts like myself. I for one have nothing against Umnitza. Until they wrong me personally, I will give them the benefit of the doubt. With that said, the reputation that Joe and Nerwyll from Trinity have earned says a lot about their customer service and business model. People on these forums have nothing but good things to say about them, and that doesn't happen over night.

Thank you BOTH Trinity and Umnitza for providing products that feed our addiction and empty our wallets!

Now back to the topic at hand. Please pm me the lowest price you are willing to sell the rep M or whatever it's called, (the $800-900 kit) Pre-LCI, PDC, unpainted, with shipping to Portland, OR. Thank you!

Aaron
Old 06-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

You have PM.

Realizing that this thread will probably get a lot of back and forth, I wanted to also defend our use of the Greyhound as the shipping method of choice.

Forgetting the obvious cost differences which are dramatic in most cases, here are some benefits and how they compare to the door to door delivery methods (freight, ups, fedex).

1) West coast people get their parts either same day (LA/San Diego/Phoenix) or next business day (Oregon/Washington/Utah/Nevada). Additionally, midwest are usually 2-3 days, and east coast - depending on the size of the station can be as little as 3-5 days. Most shipments to the Manhattan greyhound station on 42nd and 8th in downtown take 4 days.

2) In most cases, the greyhound stations are open at all odd hours, with over 30-40% of them open 24 hours. This adds to the convenience but also allows you to pick up the bumpers WHEN you feel like it, not at the convenience of the freight company.

3) You can request for most greyhound stations to deliver, this is either $20-50 charge at most - $50 from the Manhattan station last delivery to mid Long Island.

4) Shipments are rarely (only 2 times) ever damaged. We've shipped over 3000 items via greyhound since we started. The reason they don't get damaged is 2 fold. a) we package them well b) only 3 hands touch the parts - ours, the driver's, and yours. There are no conveyor belts and no rushed drivers.

5) You can request for them to hold the pieces for you when its most convenient for you up to 3 days - though most stations are really lenient allowing you up to 1 week to pick up without any charges.

There are downsides to greyhound.
Tracking is done via non-automated, gotta call Pat from Oakland greyhound for an update.
Sometimes smaller stations take 2-3 extra days based on a bus schedule/greyhound terminal schedule
You have to pick up <-- good or bad, it is what it is.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by pjinca
Then there goes your claim that your kit and Trinity's kit are exactly the same - doesn't it? Basically, I refuse to buy from you because you're an asshole - do you want me to post what you have told me before through PM?

I will always promote Trinity and Acute because, yes they are local to me, but more importantly their customer service and reputation is spotless. They are not only great vendors but great people, you are a prick.

You're also a liar, remember the recent thread about the oem "like" taillights? you claim yours are more expensive than the eBay ones because your are "better quality" - hey retard, the importer in here in SoCal and a friend of member Project5 - yours are no different, nor better - just more expensive

+1000

I wish they would just leave these forums. Their customer service fking blows. Also, they refused to honor a $99 price on the front lip they carry after I saw it for that advertised price. A company like this is NOT to be dealt with. You might have saved $50 by not selling me that front lip, but I guarantee you that you lost far more than that with bad word of mouth from me because of it. For example, I just bought an mtech rear bumper from Trinity yesterday. If you weren't such douchebags, I might have bought it from you.

I also had fitment issues with your mtech side skirts unlike trinity's products that have been 100% perfect fitment.

NOT TO MENTION YOUR GHETTO-FABULOUS GREYHOUND SHIPPING OPTION. WTF MAN? Learn-2-drop-ship you noobs. All of your points supporting your choice to ship via Greyhound don't matter. Know why? BECAUSE THEY DON'T DROP SHIP & TRACKING SUCKS. End of story.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:05 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Everyone thank you for your support. I'm not here to bash anyone here because we've been there on another thread before, but our prices sometimes might be lower or higher than our competitors, but we are always here to answer your questions or concerns ASAP. I'm always on my Blackberry if I am away from my computer. Anyone can text me day or night at 949-241-5623 or email me at joe@trinityautosport.com

OP I got your email tonight and replied back within a couple of minutes
Old 06-09-2010, 05:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
Everyone thank you for your support. I'm not here to bash anyone here because we've been there on another thread before, but our prices sometimes might be lower or higher than our competitors, but we are always here to answer your questions or concerns ASAP. I'm always on my Blackberry if I am away from my computer. Anyone can text me day or night at 949-241-5623 or email me at joe@trinityautosport.com

OP I got your email tonight and replied back within a couple of minutes

Joe, you and Weezy are the best - period. So you don't have to say anything, your very happy and satisfied customers will do the talking for you
Old 06-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i, premium package, sport package, cold weather package, park distance control, heated rear seats, angel ibright v3

Wow this is a serious thread. Hey Trinity and Umnitza can you guys give me an estimate as well for your kits with shipping to San Mateo, CA? I assume it's the same kit. Thanks. Let's assume service will be a priority? (Bad Joke?) I have neither bought from these guys so let's see. Pre LCI with pdc. How much for front and rear bumpers only? Peace!
Old 06-09-2010, 09:16 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

We're in concord, CA - just drop by
Old 06-17-2010, 09:57 AM
Members

On a lighter note, props to more P-Town people showing up
Old 06-17-2010, 10:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmwgroup
Umnitza M5 Rep REAR BUMPER SAG is no joke! I bought the whole m5kit from umnitza and it is totally garbage. From the front bumper to side skirts and rear bumper.

Front bumper - Cheap quality material. God forbid any car backs up on your front bumper, it will crack. (Got the front bumper replaced by TRINITY now)

Side Skirts - There is a small quater inch space and it doesnt mold on to the body like it suppose to.

Rear Bumper - SAG!!!!!!!! Not only does it sag, but the right side of the sag is unevenly bent.

John & Tim @ umnitza said they would replace the front bumper if I purchase it at their cost price of $250.00 LOL.

Stay away from purchasing any products from these guys. If you are going to get M5 Reps either get them from TRINITY or from the stealership. Trust me you will be spending alot more on reps ( + Pain & Labor ) over the course of time.

CLICK IMAGE TO ENLARGE
NOW THATS ONE SAGGY LOOKING ASS

P.S. Sorry for thread jacking. Those Quads look like it sticks out too much. But if it works for you then I am happy you like them.

Ahem, the proof is in the results. For the Mstyle reps, nothing beats Trinity

Quick Reply: Umnitza Body Kit for 2005 545i pre-lci