E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UK E60 Sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 08:57 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keith84_uk' post='732739' date='Nov 27 2008, 10:25 AM
Finally we have a sub-forum for the UK
Same as Bill and Pinguhk, i used to live in Guildford Surrey and now back to HK

The sub-forum has made me, Bill and pingy becomes a good friend and we always come out for drinks/dinner and talk about cars and girls)
I think its a great opportunity to gather up all E60 lovers in the UK and hope to see some e60 meets in the near future
hey keith, i have a studio in aldershot (4 miles from guildford) and we go to HK twice a year for shopping, we stay on HK island (causeway bay) and go to kowloon...ladies market/stanly market etc
love the island

the ferry crossing is amazing.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='732246' date='Nov 26 2008, 06:50 PM
Well, here's the first post that is NOT local...

OK, the answer is:
There is a setting in your i-menu, the settings menu, where you can delete everything and reset the system to factory/delivery status.
This would erase everything! All settings you have adjusted/stored...

The easiest way of doing it is, just store a new station at the position you want to have it. If you don't need all stations, just go to the very beginning of the scale and use the first frequency where there is no signal, and store it. The delivery status is nothing else than an empty frequency.

And guys, again, if you discuss things that are not UK specific... let's do it on the main forum, not here.
If you check the Hongkong or Singapore threads, it is mostly about their meets or the local dealers and other local stuff... mostly...

Please!

OK?

Thanks, please can you tell me where to find the setting to delete everything that you mentioned, i cant find this....getting desperate now. Oh and also its just the base model no sat nav or anything
Old 11-27-2008, 11:13 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='732188' date='Nov 26 2008, 05:34 PM
hi stu.

depending on what i drive you have (high/low)
with low..ie no nav or business nav you can select set/scan from the entertainment part of your menu, this will automaticly seek out the best available stations in your area or you can manualy pre load them.
if you have professional nav (high) you select all stations in your entertainment section and again it will seek out the best stations in your local area.
its always a good idea to read up in the owners manual. (bible) it normaly tells you most things, failing that use the search function on here (top right of the screen)

good luck.
david.

Hi thanks for the reply, its a low spec and really want to delete all of the previous owners setting.....HELP
Old 11-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Contributors

in my idrive menu, on bord computer part i think or if you press the idrive knob down for a sec whilest your in the start up menu it should show vehicle settings, there is a part in there where it says reset factory settings (press it down not left/righr/up/down....just downwards...see what it brings up
good luck.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Estoril Blue 440i GC
Model Year: 2017

Hi Guys,

Count me in for the sub-forum
Not too many E60 forum members from my area, but I do live in the middle of nowhere - between Stoke, Crewe, Telford and Shrewsbury - see what I mean!!!
Still, only an hour from Manchester, an hour from Brum and an hour from Nottingham where I grew up (when I say "grew up" - everything is relative )
We've all seen the common names on BMWland as well as here. - Maybe we'll get a meet together in the "Summer"

Mike
Old 11-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by stuarm' post='732930
in my idrive menu, on bord computer part i think or if you press the idrive knob down for a sec whilest your in the start up menu it should show vehicle settings, there is a part in there where it says reset factory settings (press it down not left/righr/up/down....just downwards...see what it brings up
good luck.

Yep.

Press the controller to enter the vehicle settings menu.
I don't remember the exact position/sub menu where you find it, but it's not hard to find there.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 523i M-Sport

Originally Posted by Dav530d' post='732786' date='Nov 27 2008, 04:27 PM
Sagar, Trunk finisher on ebay if your interested?
Thanks for that Dav, first time I've seen one in the UK.
I'm getting mine from Nerwyll at Trinity Autosport in the States. For the Price it will cost me to get this painted Nerwyll is having a painted one delivered to my door
Works out the same but without the hassle!
Old 11-27-2008, 11:34 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Hi guys, nice to see a UK sub forum.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by Dr Dave' post='732838' date='Nov 28 2008, 01:57 AM
hey keith, i have a studio in aldershot (4 miles from guildford) and we go to HK twice a year for shopping, we stay on HK island (causeway bay) and go to kowloon...ladies market/stanly market etc
love the island

the ferry crossing is amazing.
Hi,
next time you come to HK give us a pm and we have a e60 meet and dinner with you.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:45 AM
Contributors

thank you sir. i will do

top forum this with plenty of nice guys.

Quick Reply: UK E60 Sub-Forum