E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UK E60 Sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also have a 2009 DVD from this guy, no problem. No audio warnings for spped cameras but it's still useful
Old 03-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Originally Posted by kwarmy' post='809540' date='Mar 6 2009, 09:03 PM
Hi you guys it's great to have something in common with you lot , like the weather, pot holes, small parking spaces @ local supermarket also e60's just bought mine 7 weeks ago this my third 5 series and lovig the dive will post pics soon. when weather gets any better should hook up 4 a e60 day out
I either double park in a far corner if i'm on my own, or thankfully when we do most of the super market runs we have our Daughter which means we can get the extra wide bays for Children etc, I never park in conventional single side by side slots after my last E46 took a beating at the local Super Market

The Europe run is happening in July still guys, any takers ??

A bunch of old friends from the E46 scene are doing a drive to Germany to a big car show followed by a trip to the Nordschleife, then driving down through Switzerland IIRC taking in some amazing scenery on the way (some of those famouse mountain passes with tunnels etc).

You can read the full schedule here.........

http://adampetherick.co.uk/e46Zone/EuroTou...%20Overview.pdf
Old 03-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='821932' date='Mar 20 2009, 11:14 AM
The Europe run is happening in July still guys, any takers ??

A bunch of old friends from the E46 scene are doing a drive to Germany to a big car show followed by a trip to the Nordschleife, then driving down through Switzerland IIRC taking in some amazing scenery on the way (some of those famouse mountain passes with tunnels etc).

You can read the full schedule here.........

http://adampetherick.co.uk/e46Zone/EuroTou...%20Overview.pdf
That looks like a great tour that E46 Zone is putting together. If I was still living near Frankfurt I would have probably signed up for that, but its all a little too far from Copenhagen and I already have the European Meet planned in -- speaking of which...

We already have one UK member joining the E60.NET European Meet in Munich. Seeing as many of you seem to be up for a Meet, maybe a few of you are also interested in joining this one? Click on the link in my signature for more details. Hope to see some of you there...

cheers,
Pete
Old 03-20-2009, 05:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530D M Sport E60, media pack, bluetooth, pro nav system

Originally Posted by wickster' post='821430' date='Mar 19 2009, 10:19 PM
I've not heard of that guy so cant comment, but I bought a disc of a guy on the net called gilluley,pm me and I'll give you his email (dont want to make his email public, not sure if that would be right) cost ?25, I've had it in my car now (530d m sport 05 w/pro nav) for 3 weeks, works a treat, has the 2009-1 Professional Euro with Speed & Red-Light Camera POIs + full 7 digit postcode input too, he even has a loyalty system, so get updated disc asap.....
quick note, just been in touch with this guy and he says no prob with showing his email, so contact gilluley@hotmail.com
I asked about the audible warnings and this was his reply
"yeah the BME system has no facility for warning of an approaching POI ... the HIGH has a system thats beign developed currently but still as yet a tad buggy"
Old 03-21-2009, 03:39 AM
Members

Hi all, I'm from Essex. Recently had a prang (well a bit more than a prang - ?16k insurance bill!)and can thoroughly recommend Bodytechnics in Slough for doing repair work. Their work is very good.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by wickster' post='822012' date='Mar 20 2009, 01:36 PM
quick note, just been in touch with this guy and he says no prob with showing his email, so contact gilluley@hotmail.com
I asked about the audible warnings and this was his reply
"yeah the BME system has no facility for warning of an approaching POI ... the HIGH has a system thats beign developed currently but still as yet a tad buggy"
JUst want to say, I got the DVD from your contact and I totally recommend him for these upgrades.

cheers

ps: money saved will be going towards a hartge lipspoiler.
Old 03-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 535d M Sport LCI 2008 Space Gray/Dark Blue Dakota
Arrow

Thanks for intro to UK SF...!

..on second 535d Feb 2008 LCI

Since there are just a few more Derv models here than in the US, might as well ask a few questions..!

Anyone experiencing oil leaking from Intercooler pipe....
never got this on my first 535d, but have it in this one at 11k miles - dealer suggests common fault, nothing to worry about as long as car not using exessive amounts of oil.

Suspension knock...?
Only get this when turning into driveway or over low kerb or rut/bump in the road (just at slow speed) - cannot replicate over a speed bumps...!
Dealer unable to fix so far.....
Has anyone had problems with engine mounts or anti-roll bar or swing arm bushings.
Struts either side of engine bay have already been checked for torque and are OK..

I trust everyone is enjoying their e60's....fantastic car....ALTHOUGH a bit p****d with sqeaks and rattles not good for BMW's image.Seem worse on LCI car...
Fixed most of these myself (with abit of help from some wise folk on these forums...) as not keen on Dealer ripping my car apart.

PS My experience of main dealers has been crap - are there any recommendations for central Midlands/Warwickshire - Dealer or Independant..?

If anyone wants to know how Dark Blue leather looks - pic enclosed...!

Cheers all....................
Attached Thumbnails UK E60 Sub-Forum-nsfint.jpg  
Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530d m sport brabus forfour 2008 cbr1000rr 2005 cbr1000rr 2001 rc51

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='825605' date='Mar 24 2009, 04:03 PM
JUst want to say, I got the DVD from your contact and I totally recommend him for these upgrades.

cheers

ps: money saved will be going towards a hartge lipspoiler.

I got one from him too, arrived this morning!!
Old 03-24-2009, 03:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by palmer02' post='825671' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:42 PM
I got one from him too, arrived this morning!!
haha.. and the speed camera icons work. BMW ought to give updates for free during the first 3 years of ownership (as they do for BMWConnected) or sell these discs cheaper.

cheers
Old 03-24-2009, 03:51 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by WEB60' post='825659' date='Mar 24 2009, 10:25 PM
Thanks for intro to UK SF...!

..on second 535d Feb 2008 LCI

Since there are just a few more Derv models here than in the US, might as well ask a few questions..!

Anyone experiencing oil leaking from Intercooler pipe....
never got this on my first 535d, but have it in this one at 11k miles - dealer suggests common fault, nothing to worry about as long as car not using exessive amounts of oil.

Suspension knock...?
Only get this when turning into driveway or over low kerb or rut/bump in the road (just at slow speed) - cannot replicate over a speed bumps...!
Dealer unable to fix so far.....
Has anyone had problems with engine mounts or anti-roll bar or swing arm bushings.
Struts either side of engine bay have already been checked for torque and are OK..

I trust everyone is enjoying their e60's....fantastic car....ALTHOUGH a bit p****d with sqeaks and rattles not good for BMW's image.Seem worse on LCI car...
Fixed most of these myself (with abit of help from some wise folk on these forums...) as not keen on Dealer ripping my car apart.

PS My experience of main dealers has been crap - are there any recommendations for central Midlands/Warwickshire - Dealer or Independant..?

If anyone wants to know how Dark Blue leather looks - pic enclosed...!

Cheers all....................
Hi. I must say I haven't had anyof the problems you have mentioned. As for rattles, I picked one up after installing the manual rear window blinds. Prior to that retrofit, the car was rattle free.

You are accurate about about BMWdealerships these days. They all seem to do a horrible job. I had some issues with Knights BMW but the service manager was excellent. He took charge and put things right. I am definately going back to them despite the initial setbacks. It would mean a 40mile trek to get the car serviced but IMO its worth the hassle.

Is your fav colour blue?

cheers

Quick Reply: UK E60 Sub-Forum