E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UK E60 Sub-Forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by DD_545i' post='783086' date='Feb 2 2009, 02:22 PM
Don't expect to get anything cheap in Euroland while the exchange rate is where it is now. When it was 1.5 euros to the pound you had a chance, but it dipped to almost 1:1 last month. It's recovered a bit to around 1.1 but you're still down quite significantly. So much so that a lot of us expat brits are buying everything from the UK at the moment. You can get things like ipods for a 35% discount simply by buying from amazon.co.uk instead of amazon.de if you're in Euroland.

Same problem for me, but maybe not quite so bad. I have about 3" of space either side of my mirrors (without having to fold them in).
Top tip. Thank. yes the pound is down. its climbing ever so slightly so I hope by summer time when I plan to make a trip to Holland, the pound would not be too low. Can't tell now cause with Gordon and his NWO crap, who knows. The moron might just take us into the Euro.

At one time, buying from the states was good. Just look at the exchange rate now. I cant believe how much the pound lost in value to the dollar. I guess for now I will just have to live with the mirrors I have. I doubt very much if I upgraded the mirrors at a huge cost, the folding would work. From what I am reading in the forum, these cars are pretty much software Dependant. At the going labour rates here, I rather not do any trial and error methods. Either I know upfront or I look for a house with a bigger garage next time.

cheers
Old 02-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pinguhk' post='783153' date='Feb 2 2009, 03:47 PM
how about some photos of outside of your house?
Actually don't believe anything you hear in the news. We hardly had any snowfall. It was a total disappointment. See for yourself. Talk about anti-climax.

cheers
Attached Thumbnails UK E60 Sub-Forum-pict0011.jpg   UK E60 Sub-Forum-pict0007.jpg  
Old 02-02-2009, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='783623' date='Feb 3 2009, 10:01 AM
Actually don't believe anything you hear in the news. We hardly had any snowfall. It was a total disappointment. See for yourself. Talk about anti-climax.

cheers
nice 1st photo
Old 02-02-2009, 06:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rborhara' post='783527' date='Feb 2 2009, 08:18 PM
Hi i went to sytner leicester and got my MP3 retrofit done by them - Jodie Wilson one of the service advisors (the fit one) - said you cnat do it - the techy said you cant do it - so i lied and said a tech friend of mine at bmw northampton said it is possible and showed the tech bulletin for the mp3 retrofit form here and they charged me ?50 for it -but it does work well
Ive since changed my dealer to the coventry branch as they are more caring and a lot more knowledgeable. than the leicester no hopers - who also said i cant get my mirrors to fold in when i lock the door
Coventry are going to do a software update for me on my 5 - which they say will allow me to lock the mirrors on door locking as i already have the button on the driver door.
Hey, i use the coventry Sytner aswel, but haven't found them to be that great. Theyre fine with fixing things when they go wrong, but it seems they only want to fix one thing at a time and ask me to rebook the car in to have multiple problems sorted. My car was there last week, and i have the service inclusive package so they told me they topped up the oil and the windscreen washer fluid was low so they topped that up, then it got cold over this weekend and i tried to drive and clear my windscreen, but all the washer fluid is frozen, because some idiot there topped it up with water, its only small but its annoying.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by rborhara' post='783527' date='Feb 3 2009, 12:18 AM
Hi i went to sytner leicester and got my MP3 retrofit done by them - Jodie Wilson one of the service advisors (the fit one) - said you cnat do it - the techy said you cant do it - so i lied and said a tech friend of mine at bmw northampton said it is possible and showed the tech bulletin for the mp3 retrofit form here and they charged me ?50 for it -but it does work well
Ive since changed my dealer to the coventry branch as they are more caring and a lot more knowledgeable. than the leicester no hopers - who also said i cant get my mirrors to fold in when i lock the door
Coventry are going to do a software update for me on my 5 - which they say will allow me to lock the mirrors on door locking as i already have the button on the driver door.
I agree, the leic sytner is crap. Last time I had some minor warranty work done, it took me 4 visits to the dealer to get it fixed.
How long did coventry quote you to have the software update? I had mine done the other day at leic, it took 8 hrs, does it really take that long i wonder?
Old 02-03-2009, 09:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ed1347' post='784494' date='Feb 4 2009, 03:19 AM
I had mine done the other day at leic, it took 8 hrs, does it really take that long i wonder?
You didn't get charged 8 man-hours of labour though - that's the important part. It take 4 hours for me to backup my computer's hard drive, but I'm only involved in the first 5 minutes of it

I had my software update done recently at a German dealer and they said the update would need "several hours". They also like to test the system afterwards, to see if it's all still working properly. The cost was ?180 (about ?160) and that included the MP3 retrofit for the in-dash CD player.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d M Sport. It has Heads Up Display...need I say more...

Originally Posted by pigapumbu' post='782101' date='Feb 1 2009, 02:19 AM
Hi,

let me just say Hi to all the members from UK. nice to have a sub forum for UK members. I am from nottingham.

Just picked the car up last week. Its a 535d. First impression,... excellent although the iDrive and the navigation isn't user friendly. Everything else is just as expected from BMW.

first time in a diesel (giving it a go) and got confused with the type I ought to put into the car. Shell regular? Shell Extra? Shell V-power diesel? biofuels? DIN EN 590? Damn.. just filled it up with Shell extra which was cheaper than tesco diesel and hoped for the best.

Would love to put the M5 side mirrors just for the folding feature but worried the M5 mirrors would not work with my car. Anyone here done it that can confirm the folding feature would work? PM me. thanks

cheers
Where abouts are you based? My 530d had complete option side mirrors (folding, EC glass, etc, etc). I fitted M5 mirrors now but have my standard ones sat in the loft. Depending upon year, etc, you can try one to see if they will work. Mines an '05.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RajB' post='785159' date='Feb 4 2009, 10:13 PM
Where abouts are you based? My 530d had complete option side mirrors (folding, EC glass, etc, etc). I fitted M5 mirrors now but have my standard ones sat in the loft. Depending upon year, etc, you can try one to see if they will work. Mines an '05.
Nothingham, Long Eaton area. My car is a '08 model. reading how technical these cars are getting, I am a little worried it won't work. Where are you based? Maybe if there are some organised meets, I can come to it and we can have a chat or try something.

cheers
Old 02-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 (53) 530i SE Auto - Titanium Silver|18" Style 124|Grey Dakota Leather|Logic 7|Xenons|Full PDC|Elec Folding Mirrors|

Hey guys

I recently purchased some LED Angel Upgrade bulbs from Teddy @ SSDD and finally got round to fitting them yesterday.

Here's a few shots......
Before

During

Completed

I know it's been done before but I just thought I'd share the pics 8)
Old 02-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by richardlkay' post='785831' date='Feb 5 2009, 03:53 PM
Hey guys

I recently purchased some LED Angel Upgrade bulbs from Teddy @ SSDD and finally got round to fitting them yesterday.

Here's a few shots......
Before

During

Completed

I know it's been done before but I just thought I'd share the pics 8)
they're nice. I just got mine delivered yesterday, but haven't had a chance to fit them yet, my car is still covered in snow.
Did you need to take the whole headlight unit out? any error message pops up?

Quick Reply: UK E60 Sub-Forum