E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

UGH

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 05:01 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

My car was filthy, then washed, now filthy again. Ever heard of a wash bha7176? Maybe Mike washed him M6....
Attached Thumbnails UGH-dirty.jpg  
Old 01-11-2011, 05:28 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Wtf is happening here...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 AM
Contributors

I was wondering when you were going to chime in on this thread....
Old 01-11-2011, 05:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by poleposition
I was wondering when you were going to chime in on this thread....
who me??
Old 01-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Contributors

No not you. Anzafin. You've posted 5 times already in this thread. Its not always about you Mel. Jeez
Old 01-11-2011, 06:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

Originally Posted by melimel
My car was filthy, then washed, now filthy again. Ever heard of a wash bha7176? Maybe Mike washed him M6....
of course I have, but to post something that appears to be making fun of those of us who "garage queen" our cars and then pictures of your just washed 6'er as if you've been driving it out in the snow is a little gay to me.

Keep driving them out there fella's. More power to you all!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: SOLD...Jet Black 2008 550i M Sport with SAT, black interior. RPI exhaust and air scoop, 35% huper optik tint all around, CF roundels, flat black kidneys, Springfield Armory XD-40 jet black in glove box, charcoal filter removed.

two posts of info i found - so unless your completely washing your car, with nonrecyled fresh water, at least every 10 days, and I mean the ENTIRE car - like in the engine bay, the underside, all the nooks and crannies - YOUR CAR IS CORRODING faster than mine.....nanny nanny boo boo....

Salt also promotes galvanic corrosion throughout the car, which has many different metals in it's construction. With aluminum, steel, copper, brass, iron, and other metals throughout, it's a prime location for trapped salts to attack the substrates as well as attack the bonding of surface coatings to the substrate. Stray current from the battery will aggravate the situation, although once pockets of corrosion begin (at a microscopic size), they can generate their own voltages and current flow to accelerate the problem.

A glance under the hood of salt area cars in this country will show everything from the metal surfaces having surface corrosion to parts of the car perforated and falling apart. I've seen a lot of these cars with only a few year's service that are mechanically and functionally failing .... Even in places where you wouldn't ordinarily look, like under the dash or inside the doors, or brake "tone wheels", or brake calipers.

Two normally used chemicals on the highways during winter for ice removal are potassium chloride and sodium chloride. These chemicals are corrosive and cause oxidation on the surfaces of vehicles. Bare metal has nothing to protect it and it will usually rust, as does any unpainted or coated surface on cars. Painted surfaces that do not have a clear coat on them could and will oxidize as well, hence the need for waxing a clean car. Clear coats will eventually get damaged as well but it takes a much longer time.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Contributors

Oh my goodness. This is breaking news. Thx for this post bha. I'll be sure to never drive any of my cars in the snow again. I cant imagine the damage we've all caused for ourselves thus far. These cars will probably be worth at least $50 less than what they could have been had they been in a garage on blocks every winter. . Maybe $100
Old 01-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by poleposition
Oh my goodness. This is breaking news. Thx for this post bha. I'll be sure to never drive any of my cars in the snow again. I cant imagine the damage we've all caused for ourselves thus far. These cars will probably be worth at least $50 less than what they could have been had they been in a garage on blocks every winter. . Maybe $100

just sayin. all in fun, all in fun. at least I actually feel like checking the site out recently!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Contributors

True that!

Quick Reply: UGH