E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Two holes in my bumper

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i automatic, Active steering, sport package, Sirius,Active head lights, black on black, Maya DTR 20x9"frnt 20x10"rear wheels polished- 245/30-20 frt 274/25-20 rear. comming soon= H&R sports line spring or better. window tint and hp tune if out there

Ok, Just bought the 530i Black on Black, My other car is a 04 Vette, won 2nd place in show in July, so I love cars and showing them for me is a blast. In just a week after the purchase in have added the Bovarian springs, Tinted the windows and installed a set of 20" DTR Maya wheels along with a set of Perrelli P Zeros tires. All about $7k in upgrades so far. well, Here is the ass kicker I took the front licence plate bracket off and holey sh-t I found two holes in the front bummper!!! The dealer screwed the bracket with self tapping screwed Now I paid over 60k cash so far for this car and well no shows with holes in the bummper for me. Should the dealer replace the bummper? I called other BMW dealers and they do not mount the plate. I am in cali and still all the other bmw dealers state that they have the cust. make the choice to due or not... Anyone have the same problem? Thanks Guys
Old 12-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by rarfinancial' post='213837' date='Dec 20 2005, 08:47 PM
Ok, Just bought the 530i Black on Black, My other car is a 04 Vette, won 2nd place in show in July, so I love cars and showing them for me is a blast. In just a week after the purchase in have added the Bovarian springs, Tinted the windows and installed a set of 20" DTR Maya wheels along with a set of Perrelli P Zeros tires. All about $7k in upgrades so far. well, Here is the ass kicker I took the front licence plate bracket off and holey sh-t I found two holes in the front bummper!!! The dealer screwed the bracket with self tapping screwed Now I paid over 60k cash so far for this car and well no shows with holes in the bummper for me. Should the dealer replace the bummper? I called other BMW dealers and they do not mount the plate. I am in cali and still all the other bmw dealers state that they have the cust. make the choice to due or not... Anyone have the same problem? Thanks Guys
I have always called my dealer in advance of the car's arrival from the VPC to not drill holes for the front license plate frame.

I may be wrong, but I think the law requires the dealer to mount the front license plate frame. So, unless the customer affirmatively tells dealer not to do it, the default rule is just to mount the bracket.

Try BumperPlugs to fill up those holes.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Unless you request it in advance, and then dutifully follow up on your request, dealer will mount the damn bracket and drill holes to do so. They claim its "the law"

I made sure as a part of my order docs., that a special note was made, but still found that I needed to remind my sales guy, as he wasnt sure the dealer delivery prep guys would even notice the special notation.

A huge sigh of relief was had when I saw my car for the first time and the front bumper was free of the bracket.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2012 535i M Sport Package

I guess they do that in every state that requires front plates. Since I bought mine in CA, I received my car with a front license plate frame . now I am looking for other options to make it better...either bumper plugs or a European plate.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by rarfinancial' post='213837' date='Dec 21 2005, 04:47 AM
I didn't think the non sport model came with a plate bracket I know in the UK it doesn't only the sport model does, but hey its not the end of the world any good body shop will repair the hole's and blow them in with a spray gun and its as good as new
Old 12-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Contributors

I'm in NorCal and the dealer asked me and had me sign a "waiver" that I opted not for them to place the front plate. From what I noticed, a lot of the cars that are on the lot already have the front bracket. I didn't order my e60 but found it on the ship on the way over to the US. Dunno if that makes a diff.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:21 AM
DDW
Contributors

My Ride: '05 530i-Silver Grey / Grey, Premium, Sport, PDC

Front lic.plt. required in Texas, but my SA asked before he applied.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rarfinancial' post='213837' date='Dec 20 2005, 11:47 PM

I requested on delivery not to drill and apply a front plate. They were kind enough to follow my request and leave the front flate and assembly in my trunk in case I would change my mind.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

Not only did my dealership not drill the holes, they told me what to say if I am stopped. Unfortunately, I can't recall exactly what they said to say: something to the effect that the dealership was unable to mount the plate at the time of sale and I need to schedule an appointment to get that done. I never put the front plates on my M3 which I had for 3 years and no incidents. I guess I am so old that I do not attract attention.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

No holes in mine either. I requested this from day one of the order. My salesman wrote in big letters on my folder with black magic marker. DO NOT INSTAL FRONT BRACKET and DO NOT WASH OR DETAIL EXTERIOR. I told him I would not take the car if either was done, wich isnt true, after waiting so long, I would have taken the car even if it was the wrong color

Quick Reply: Two holes in my bumper