E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

TV function and folding side mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 09:37 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Auto, Hud, Full auto recaro seats, large screen, Folding mirror, sunroof, active steering, Logic 7.
Default TV function and folding side mirrors

Hello Again,

I have 2 questions.

I have TV function on my idrive.
But it only shows blank screen all the time.
It is not a satelite one.. But i know there are TV stations around for TV's with no satelite receivers.

My indy told me it could be a bad connection of the cable etc. But radio works just fine.

Could it be s.thing to do with TV antenna fuse or s.thing similar ?

My second question is that i have a electric folding side mirrors but when i lock my car and also press the central lock button on my remote key for a few seconds? all windows and sunroof close automatically but side mirrors does not fold inwards. I always had to press the button on the driver door panel inside to make the fold inwards. Same again when i remote open the car, side mirror does not fold outwards.

How could i make them fold after pressing the centrol lock button ?

Thank you all...
Old 05-30-2016, 03:05 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by M54B30
Hello Again,

I have 2 questions.

I have TV function on my idrive.
But it only shows blank screen all the time.
It is not a satelite one.. But i know there are TV stations around for TV's with no satelite receivers.

My indy told me it could be a bad connection of the cable etc. But radio works just fine.

Could it be s.thing to do with TV antenna fuse or s.thing similar ?

My second question is that i have a electric folding side mirrors but when i lock my car and also press the central lock button on my remote key for a few seconds? all windows and sunroof close automatically but side mirrors does not fold inwards. I always had to press the button on the driver door panel inside to make the fold inwards. Same again when i remote open the car, side mirror does not fold outwards.

How could i make them fold after pressing the centrol lock button ?

Thank you all...
This needed to be coded via NCI? software. (I forgot the name of the softwate) but both dealer can do it or you can do it yourself if you are computer savy. The software sells on ebay.

My car is programmed to fold in the mirrors, roll up windows and close sunroof by pressing and holding my lock button on fob.
Old 05-30-2016, 03:08 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2008 535i

Originally Posted by JDeezyNYC
This needed to be coded via NCI? software. (I forgot the name of the softwate) but both dealer can do it or you can do it yourself if you are computer savy. The software sells on ebay.

My car is programmed to fold in the mirrors, roll up windows and close sunroof by pressing and holding my lock button on fob.

NCS Expert. That's it.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:54 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i

NCSExpert is complicated if you dont know what your doing. Its easy when you get the hang of it. you could just use Carly app + adapter. They added e60 mirror codding recently.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:28 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Auto, Hud, Full auto recaro seats, large screen, Folding mirror, sunroof, active steering, Logic 7.

Thank to all of you.

You have all been great help to me.

I checked the ebay. There are lots of versions, so i am little confused already

In our local forum, I just spoke to a software guy who is also owner of a f20.

Upon my question, He also told me he could do everything for me on a small price and also told me on my HUD the rev. counter also could be displayed, just like on E60 M5, on my pre LCI e60 530i. Since he knew s.body successfully applied it to e60 530d.

Do you think that is possible since already applied on e60 530d ?

Do you also have any idea why my TV function does not display anything ?

All the best
Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2007 BMW 550i

Yes its possible to display the rev counter, though the m5 rev counter red lines much higher then 6000rpm, so u'll see you HUD rev counter never reach red, though from what i understand there is a way to fix that through coding too, but dont have HUD so i haven't had a chance to play around with it. I also have no experience with TV function, cant help out there, but coding probably has nothing to do with it. He might be able to check codes and do tests if he has the right software!
Old 05-31-2016, 01:47 AM
New Members

Yes. He told me he could check all other functions incl. TV and bluetooth.

Good to learn about the red line indication, since my 530i probably rev up to 6500. So will tell him to fix it as well.

Red line could start from 5500 till 6500 and yellow line between 4000-5500
If that is adjustable