E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Turned on my car And LOOK wht i get!! strange

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 02:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525ise, Dec 2003, Silver Grey, Black Dakota Leather, Bluetooth, 18'' Runflats, Folding mirrors, Automatic/man box,parking sensers front/rear,latest addition 645ci black saphire, with everthing on, nothing it does not have.

i had the same problem as you however mine happened whilst driving i drive screen flickered on off then started getting problems one by one, car(645) drove like a bag of sh*t. It ended up being the battery so had a new one fitted so far seems ok
Old 10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Contributors

its the battery.. same thing happen to me... i was going nutz trying to figuer out y... i drove to my shop.. hooked up to the ecu.. it didnt say anything was wrong.. so one of my tek`s told me to take the battery cables off i looked at him like this ... so i did, put it back about 20min`s later no prob since....
Old 10-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i

DUDE that just happened to me today. So what was it? what dealer did you take it to? I am from the 408 too let me know homie
Old 10-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can see your Pain!
Attached Thumbnails Turned on my car And LOOK wht i get!! strange-post_12776_1223779671_thumb.jpg  
Old 10-14-2008, 05:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='692461' date='Oct 13 2008, 11:17 PM
I can see your Pain!

LMAO!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Alpine white

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='692461' date='Oct 14 2008, 02:17 AM
I can see your Pain!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 325i Touring E60 530i Sedan

I would say a power or connector problem.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:12 PM
Members

lol yea it was hollering PAIN! .. lmao
Old 10-15-2008, 03:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I have had 6 days of this, tried 3 new batteries so in my case it is not battery. Appointment at my home town dealer on 20th. Took to a dealer while on the road and they found faults that needed further investigation using the BMW PuMA process, but that requires car to be i ntheir possession and I had other things to do while 700 miles from home.

I had every known ICON display that I am aware of at one time or another. Always started with DD (Dynamic Drive), followed in quick succession by FTM, ABS and DSC failures. Most of the time I would get AS, and seat belt failures as well. Odometer (trip and total) and speedometer (dash and HUD) failed as well. Lost active headlights although leveling was ok.

Also got Transmission faults (the gear symbol), engine faults, restraint system fault, check terminals and battery (two times only in those 6 days). Tranny fault was real as sometimes I only had 3 gears (4,5 & 6). ALso when I tried STEP mode (M1-M6) it would take me in and out od D or DS randomly. ASlo got an overheat indication but realized it was false as Oil Temp would be normal and then suddenly peg full max temp and then go back to normal.

Dash and iDrive would blink frequently.

I may have two faults, one a real sensor out and possibly the charging system as well. It may be my inamination but my cell phone which is attached via a cradle started behaving in a similar manner after a few days. Would open to answer a call and it would blink a couple of times and drop call.

I have some pics I will add later when I get home.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:17 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 325i Touring E60 530i Sedan

Originally Posted by cobradav' post='693576' date='Oct 15 2008, 07:45 AM
I have had 6 days of this, tried 3 new batteries so in my case it is not battery. Appointment at my home town dealer on 20th. Took to a dealer while on the road and they found faults that needed further investigation using the BMW PuMA process, but that requires car to be i ntheir possession and I had other things to do while 700 miles from home.

I had every known ICON display that I am aware of at one time or another. Always started with DD (Dynamic Drive), followed in quick succession by FTM, ABS and DSC failures. Most of the time I would get AS, and seat belt failures as well. Odometer (trip and total) and speedometer (dash and HUD) failed as well. Lost active headlights although leveling was ok.

Also got Transmission faults (the gear symbol), engine faults, restraint system fault, check terminals and battery (two times only in those 6 days). Tranny fault was real as sometimes I only had 3 gears (4,5 & 6). ALso when I tried STEP mode (M1-M6) it would take me in and out od D or DS randomly. ASlo got an overheat indication but realized it was false as Oil Temp would be normal and then suddenly peg full max temp and then go back to normal.

Dash and iDrive would blink frequently.

I may have two faults, one a real sensor out and possibly the charging system as well. It may be my inamination but my cell phone which is attached via a cradle started behaving in a similar manner after a few days. Would open to answer a call and it would blink a couple of times and drop call.

I have some pics I will add later when I get home.
Sounds like what Wanderlei is describing.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=63456

See post #35. Poster said it was his alternator. GL

Quick Reply: Turned on my car And LOOK wht i get!! strange