E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Turned on my car And LOOK wht i get!! strange

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your factory warranty has expired you may qualify for a Federal Bail-Out Plan

Otherwise the plethora of dire warnings may be caused by a primary issue with power ... i.e. Battery. Seems the electronics on our cars are very sensitive to voltage variations. Check connections and have battery tested ASAP. They can die slowly or may fail all at once leaving you stranded.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='690940' date='Oct 12 2008, 07:06 AM
Not sure if you have these in your area or not, they have been known to cause i-drive failure but haven't heard of any reports since the 80's

Attachment 61585
lolol...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

You guys are correct. Have the battery and charging system checked when you get a chance. The weather is getting cooler - there may be a voltage loss that caused your idrive to mimic christmas lighting. All sensors work by varying voltages and/or resistance for a particular event. Looks like a low-volt condition caused the system to go kookoo for a sec. Could be a one-off hiccup, but a dealer visit wouldn't hurt.

And Joe....100 SHOT OF NITROUS???!!! PM meeeeeeeeee lol
Old 10-12-2008, 08:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Alpine White with Navi and Premium PackageIn progress: OEM Mtech kit, H&R Sport Springs, and 19

Originally Posted by advancedlogic' post='691006' date='Oct 12 2008, 10:58 AM
You guys are correct. Have the battery and charging system checked when you get a chance. The weather is getting cooler - there may be a voltage loss that caused your idrive to mimic christmas lighting. All sensors work by varying voltages and/or resistance for a particular event. Looks like a low-volt condition caused the system to go kookoo for a sec. Could be a one-off hiccup, but a dealer visit wouldn't hurt.

And Joe....100 SHOT OF NITROUS???!!! PM meeeeeeeeee lol

Oh, so you don't think he could have a gremlin problem?
Old 10-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

lol a gremlin problem

but damn bro that wouldve scared the shit out of me if i saw all those problems, i would take the battery out if not take it to the dealer
Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by lightfytr' post='691032' date='Oct 12 2008, 09:37 AM
Oh, so you don't think he could have a gremlin problem?

LMAO!!! Perhaps...But I DEFINATELY got one now! Can't get that damned Gremlins movie music out of my head now!!!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:13 PM
Members

Originally Posted by southgate' post='691098' date='Oct 12 2008, 06:20 PM
lol a gremlin problem

but damn bro that wouldve scared the shit out of me if i saw all those problems, i would take the battery out if not take it to the dealer
Mine did that after the battery discharge....
Old 10-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535i- Steptronic Trans, Sirius Satellite Radio, Bluetooth, BMW Assist, Black Dakota Leather, Cold Weather Package, Premium Package

As everyone above has stated, its probably a low battery. When you are in a boundary condition where the battery is getting too low (after you crank the vehicle your system voltage goes down) you're likely to set a lot of codes in the modules because of the low battery levels.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Members

cool thanks guy i will have it checked tomm... all the codes it through are gone but it was just a trip..like wtf if wrong with my car.. and yes its still under warranty.. all tips were great....

yea i feed one of my pets after midnnight now hes missing.. never did check the car..lol
Old 10-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Contributors

I think it's a battery related issue only make sense because possibly the sensors are not getting the current or supplied voltage so the error pops up.

Quick Reply: Turned on my car And LOOK wht i get!! strange