E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Left, Then right , Then left

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 03:43 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering if this happens to other e60 owners. I turn my signal on to turn left, then I try to turn it off after I change lanes but then the right turn signal comes on. I then try to turn it off and it turns on the left turn signal again. I'm sure that the cars behind me are thinking that I can't make up my mind about which direction I want to go. It seems that my turn signals are very sensitve to touch sometimes.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

haha ya its tricky its not like conventional blinkers.. to stop the blinker you hit it in the same direction to stop it
Old 03-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Members

My Ride: On order: 07 550i, Jet black, black interior, steptronic, sports package, logic 7 sound minus CD changer, rear door mounted airbags, HUD, navigation and comfort access

I had the same thing happen to me when I drove my friends 04 530i. I think I read somewhere that you can set it in Idrive to blink 3 times if you tap it lightly to make a lane change and it would go off by itself.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by Octo' post='250857' date='Mar 6 2006, 04:47 PM
I had the same thing happen to me when I drove my friends 04 530i. I think I read somewhere that you can set it in Idrive to blink 3 times if you tap it lightly to make a lane change and it would go off by itself.
Yep, if you dont do anything, it will turn off itself, That is if you had not actually CLICKED the stalk. After you click it beyond that certain resistance, then it will not turn off. You have to make it go the other way, and then it will turn off.

Don't know if there is a setting in IDRIVE
Old 03-06-2006, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

And, I thought I understood. OK, light pressure gets you 3 blinks and automatic off provided the feature is activated in iDrive. More pressure gets you permanent on until cancelled by hand action or turning. I aways apply light upward pressure to turn the permanent blinking off. I have never noticed it turn itself off. I have never tried pushing down to cancel the permanent blinking, but I am going to try. I still blink right and then left and then right (or the opposite) sometimes when trying to cancel permanent blinking. And, I haven't even begun to talk about Winkem, Blinkem and Znod yet.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

The safest is to tap the signal in the same direction you turn it on. In the worst you are just turning it on again.

However, I normally just give it a very slight tap downwards. That's all it takes to cancel the signal. You get it to do left/right/left because you have hit it too hard that it has clicked to the other direction. This is an electronic switch and not mechanical. There is no need to hit it too hard.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahha just be more gental with the blinker stalk...

Try it... theres two stages to the blinker... 1st stage is for 3 blinks (if activated on the i-drive) or if you hold it, it will blink till you let go. Kind of like convental blinkers...

and 2nd stage is for normal blinking and will auto cancel after you make the turn.

Actually if you really think about it the blinker system is the same... its just it doest have the old *CLICK* feel to it... it has the soft resistance point.

Mercedes blinker system is the same as BMW too but they still ahve that *CLICK* thats all... mercs blinkers will still shut off after 3 blinks if you do a light tap.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahha just be more gental with the blinker stalk...

Try it... theres two stages to the blinker... 1st stage is for 3 blinks (if activated on the i-drive) or if you hold it, it will blink till you let go. Kind of like convental blinkers...

and 2nd stage is for normal blinking and will auto cancel after you make the turn.

Actually if you really think about it the blinker system is the same... its just it doest have the old *CLICK* feel to it... it has the soft resistance point.

Mercedes blinker system is the same as BMW too but they still ahve that *CLICK* thats all... mercs blinkers will still shut off after 3 blinks if you do a light tap.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

No problem for me so far, I wait until I change my lane completely before I check if my blinker is still on, if is still on just gently tap the stalk (anyway you want) to cancel it. I find that the left right left signal only happen if you try to cancel your blinker too fast.
Old 03-06-2006, 11:01 PM
Senior Members

Aaahhh yes, blinkers...gone are the days when they were so simple to use. Even today's car radio can be a little more difficult to operate than the conventional type. The more technology advances the more they get confusing. But I guess you just have to roll with the punches and get use to it.

Quick Reply: Turn Left, Then right , Then left