E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Turn both brake lights on EU cars on pre-LCI

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 11:53 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I've had many people with EU cars ask me why both Brake lights don't work on the pre-LCI cars even with my V6 LCI retrofit cables.

In case you have a working NCSExpert set-up all you need to do is set

RL_BL_1_BREMSL_FKT
nicht_aktiv -> active

in the Control unit: LMA

This will make both lights work as the Brake and make your pre-LCI car look exactly like the LCI cars. No modifications are needed on the cables.

You can do this on your pre-LCI lights as well.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:42 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruce, is it possible to make the brake lights strobe when braking particularly hard?

On that recent F10 M5 Nurburgring video the brake lights start strobing in the last portion of hard stopping just before entering a turn.

Or is it possible to make the second brake light come on at the point when brake pressure exceeds certain threshold?

Btw the v6 on my touring work perfectly
Old 01-26-2011, 01:33 PM
Members

waow, does this mean if i undo the wires that ive changed within your loom, then code following your following intructions, that means i no longer have to rely on the kald and warmer checklight settings and recode my lma using expertmode???

Old 01-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
waow, does this mean if i undo the wires that ive changed within your loom, then code following your following intructions, that means i no longer have to rely on the kald and warmer checklight settings and recode my lma using expertmode???

Yup.

What I would do, is undo any mod on the cable itself. Recode the LMA back to default using the Expert profile.
Then make the change using the MAN file and recode using either the Fister or Revtor profile.

Job Done.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Members

man i love it when a plan comes together......... heck it i'm going downstairs now to do it lol
Old 01-26-2011, 06:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Bruce,

Can I talk you into making an update to the summary of validated code mods in this thread in the DIY section? Pleease

https://5series.net/forums/topic/108...ert-code-mods/

You have some great info spread out in a few threads - would be pretty helpful for us to try and consolidate it as much as possible.

Thanks!

-Jim

Old 01-27-2011, 01:41 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

Is it really only one bulb works when we hit the brake ,, so what about the second one ,, even if hard braking ( adaptive brake light ) wont mbring it on ???
Old 01-27-2011, 03:06 AM
Contributors

On pre-LCI, the BFD will activate the other brake light when you brake hard. However if you want the other brake to come on even during normal braking then follow the method above.

Jim, have to considered the Google Spreadsheet style record as the guys over on e90post are doing. Allows you to keep the list a lot cleaner.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:21 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

ah Ok ,,thanks for sharing this info then , will code it today ..
Old 01-27-2011, 04:54 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did it last week, now both bulbs are on ( with Bruce cables)
I also added flashing light to rear fog lights during hard break, until now I didn't verify it!

Quick Reply: Turn both brake lights on EU cars on pre-LCI